* patch.exe missing from cygwin? [Newbie]
@ 2003-08-27 15:58 WINDOWS 98
From: WINDOWS 98 @ 2003-08-27 15:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi.  Just installed Cygwin, looking for patch.exe.  It has diff.exe, but
no patch!  Any idea how I can get this utility?  It doesn't necessarily
have to be through Cygwin.

Thanks for your help,
- AAA

* Re: patch.exe missing from cygwin? [Newbie]
@ 2003-08-27 16:23 ` chris
From: chris @ 2003-08-27 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: WINDOWS 98, cygwin

WINDOWS 98 wrote:

>Hi.  Just installed Cygwin, looking for patch.exe.  It has diff.exe, but
>no patch!  Any idea how I can get this utility?  It doesn't necessarily
>have to be through Cygwin.
>
>Thanks for your help,
>- AAA

If you go to the cygwin home page you'll find a link marked "find
<packages/> a package or file in the cygwin release." Clicking on  that
and typing "patch.exe" tells you there is a package called patch :) Just
change the view of setup.exe from normal to packages, and find patch.
Cygwin doesn't install everything in the normal install (because it
would be huuuggee)

MrJeff

@ 2003-08-27 16:54 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-08-27 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: WINDOWS 98; +Cc: cygwin

On Wed, 27 Aug 2003, WINDOWS 98 wrote:

> Hi.  Just installed Cygwin, looking for patch.exe.  It has diff.exe, but
> no patch!  Any idea how I can get this utility?  It doesn't necessarily
> have to be through Cygwin.
>
> Thanks for your help,
> - AAA

The package search page (<http://cygwin.com/packages/>, search for
"patch.exe") shows that patch.exe is part of the "patch" package, which is
not installed by default.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

* Re: patch.exe missing from cygwin? [Newbie]
@ 2003-08-29 23:16 ` Cliff Hones
From: Cliff Hones @ 2003-08-29 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin, Timothy C Prince

Timothy C Prince wrote:
> Hi.  Just installed Cygwin, looking for patch.exe.  It has diff.exe, but
> no patch!  Any idea how I can get this utility?

Yes indeed - just install it.  Cygwin is a lot larger than back in
the B18 days, and now you can select the packages you want.
In this case, the patch utility is in the "patch" package, so just
run setup.exe again, choose the "full" view, and select the patch
package.  You may find it worth installing a few other useful
packages for development at the same time - the default set
of packages is fairly minimal.

-- Cliff

* Re: patch.exe missing from cygwin? [Newbie]
@ 2003-08-29 22:47 Timothy C Prince
From: Timothy C Prince @ 2003-08-29 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: alfred; +Cc: cygwin

Hi.  Just installed Cygwin, looking for patch.exe.  It has diff.exe, but
no patch!  Any idea how I can get this utility? _________________________________________

It's right up front, an option on the setup.exe menu.  Way back in those B-18 days, it built out of the box from the standard gnu sources.

Tim Prince