* RE: Terminate batch job at logout?
@ 2003-08-28 14:31 Vince Hoffman
From: Vince Hoffman @ 2003-08-28 14:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'cygwin@cygwin.com', waxmop

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 waxmop@sarcastic-horse.com wrote:
>
> > Hi -
> >
> > I've been using cygwin for a day now, and every time I plan
> to exit out of
> > the shell, I get asked, "Terminate batch job (Y/N)?"
> >
> > I'm not sure what this is referring to.
> > Any ideas?

its refering to the batch file that the shortcut from the cygwin install
calls.

> This happens if you press Ctrl-C during the execution of bash.  See
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-07/msg01565.html>,
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-07/msg01192.html>, and
> <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-07/msg01196.html> for possible
> solutions.  Be aware that at least the first one ("tty") will
> have other
> side effects that should be carefully considered.
> 	Igor

You missed out the options of either using rxvt instead of the default
cygwin shortcut (search the archives for details) or just changing the
shortcut to be a shortcut to
c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -i
making sure it starts in c:\cygwin\bin

(changing paths to where you have cygwin installed obviously)

@ 2003-08-28 14:41 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-08-28 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Vince Hoffman; +Cc: cygwin

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Vince Hoffman wrote:

> > On Thu, 28 Aug 2003 waxmop@sarcastic-horse.com wrote:
> >
> > > Hi -
> > >
> > > I've been using cygwin for a day now, and every time I plan
> > to exit out of
> > > the shell, I get asked, "Terminate batch job (Y/N)?"
> > >
> > > I'm not sure what this is referring to.
> > > Any ideas?
>
> its refering to the batch file that the shortcut from the cygwin install
> calls.
>

> > This happens if you press Ctrl-C during the execution of bash.  See
> > <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2001-07/msg01565.html>,
> > <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-07/msg01192.html>, and
> > <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2000-07/msg01196.html> for possible
> > solutions.  Be aware that at least the first one ("tty") will
> > have other side effects that should be carefully considered.
> >       Igor
>
> You missed out the options of either using rxvt instead of the default
> cygwin shortcut (search the archives for details)

Yes, I did.  Sorry.

> or just changing the shortcut to be a shortcut to
> c:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe --login -i
> making sure it starts in c:\cygwin\bin
>
> (changing paths to where you have cygwin installed obviously)

That was message #3 above.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

* Re: Terminate batch job at logout?
@ 2003-08-28 14:34   ` waxmop
From: waxmop @ 2003-08-28 14:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I edited my cygwin.bat file and changed this line:

    bash --login -i

to:

    start bash --login -i

And now, I don't get the 'terminate batch job' message at logout despite
my frequent use of ctrl-C.

Thanks for the help.  Should we add this to the FAQ?

@ 2003-08-28 14:21 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-08-28 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: waxmop; +Cc: cygwin

@ 2003-08-28 14:10 waxmop