* cygcheck status: incomplete
@ 2003-09-07  3:56 Sam Steingold
From: Sam Steingold @ 2003-09-07  3:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am at a loss: since I upgraded to 1.5.3, some of my configure scripts
fail with "invalid package name: module" message (obviously, "module" is
a valid name); I traced this to an "expr" call; if I add any `expr'
call right before the failing one, everything works just fine. _WEIRD!_

now, I decided to check my installation, and cygcheck reported that
some packages are incomplete:

diff                    1.0-1              Incomplete
newlib-man              20020801           Incomplete
XFree86-base            4.3.0-1            Incomplete

what do I do about it?

I tried reinstalling.  didn't help.
tried removing diff (why is it there anyway?), but it re-appeared again.

what is going on?
am I missing something trivial?

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
Live Lisp and prosper.

* Re: cygcheck status: incomplete
@ 2003-09-07  7:06 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-09-07  7:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sam Steingold; +Cc: cygwin

On Sat, 6 Sep 2003, Sam Steingold wrote:

> I am at a loss: since I upgraded to 1.5.3, some of my configure scripts
> fail with "invalid package name: module" message (obviously, "module" is
> a valid name); I traced this to an "expr" call; if I add any `expr'
> call right before the failing one, everything works just fine. _WEIRD!_
>
> now, I decided to check my installation, and cygcheck reported that
> some packages are incomplete:
>
> diff                    1.0-1              Incomplete
> newlib-man              20020801           Incomplete
> XFree86-base            4.3.0-1            Incomplete
>
> what do I do about it?
>
> I tried reinstalling.  didn't help.
> tried removing diff (why is it there anyway?), but it re-appeared again.
>
> what is going on?
> am I missing something trivial?

Sorry, mea culpa.  Basically, cygcheck failed package integrity check if
the manifest (file list) for that file was missing.  At the time I wrote
the code, I thought that an abnormal situation.  Turns out that no
manifest exists for empty packages (compatibility, like "diff" and
"newlib-man", and dummy ones, like "XFree86-base"), so this is perfectly
normal.  This should be fixed by
<http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-cvs/2003-q3/msg00217.html>, and will appear
in the next snapshot, whenever that's generated (and, of course, in
1.5.4).
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/