* Performance
@ 1997-05-03  6:18 Ben Elliston
From: Ben Elliston @ 1997-05-03  6:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Someone on another mailing list suggested the applications ported to Win32
using Cygwin are not up to scratch.

I don't understand why this might be: the compiler produces native x86
(and presumably very good!) code for the user space code and for UNIX
system calls, they would be handled by the DLL with a secondary call into
the Windows kernel.

Does anyone have any performance comparisons between "Cygwin" apps and
native Win32 applications?  Is there any real performance penalty for
software with a high proportion of system calls?

Thanks,
Ben

---
Ben Elliston
<bje@air.net.au>

"For my birthday I got a humidifier and a de-humidifier. I put them in the same
 room and let them fight it out." -- Steven Wright

-

* RE: performance
@ 2000-03-19 11:54 paul van der Meij
From: paul van der Meij @ 2000-03-19 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

the slow performance of cygwin I reported on 15-3 was not caused by
cygwin.
A corrupted FAT partition was the cause.

I apologize for this wrong accusation.

--
Paul van der Meij, 		Hengelo,	 the Netherlands