* Problems running configure script
@ 2000-05-02 20:56 Soh Kam Yung
From: Soh Kam Yung @ 2000-05-02 20:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm having problems running configure for wget with the new Cygwin Net
release.  I didn't install all the tar.gz files, so my guess is I need to
install a package (or more) to get it working but I'm not sure which one.

Below is the ouput that I'm getting:

> ./configure
configuring for GNU Wget 1.5.3
checking host system type... i386-pc-cygwin32
./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
checking whether make sets ${MAKE}... ./configure: cannot create temp file for
here document: Permission denied
no
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... ./configure: cannot create
temp file for here document: Permission denied
no
configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot
create executables.

Regards,
Kam-Yung

--
Soh Kam Yung
email: KYSoh@netscape.net

* Re: Problems running configure script
@ 2000-05-03 15:38 ` stefan
From: stefan @ 2000-05-03 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Soh Kam Yung; +Cc: cygwin

On 3 May 2000, Soh Kam Yung wrote:

> I'm having problems running configure for wget with the new Cygwin Net
> release.  I didn't install all the tar.gz files, so my guess is I need to
> install a package (or more) to get it working but I'm not sure which one.
>
> Below is the ouput that I'm getting:
>
> > ./configure
> configuring for GNU Wget 1.5.3
> checking host system type... i386-pc-cygwin32
> ./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
> ./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
> ./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied
> ./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied

These errors result from bash's problem with cat, you get this kind of
error if you type:

 $ cat << FOO
 $ text....
 $ bla
 $ FOO

And configure uses /bin/sh. It could be you linked this to your bash ?
You will solve this using the real "sh" not "bash" and saying

 $ sh ./configure

Hope this help... Stefan.

* Re: Problems running configure script
@ 2000-05-03 20:40
From:     @ 2000-05-03 20:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

--

On 3 May 00 11:56:10 SGT   Soh Kam Yung wrote:
>I'm having problems running configure for wget with the new Cygwin Net
>release.  I didn't install all the tar.gz files, so my guess is I need to
>install a package (or more) to get it working but I'm not sure which one.
>
>Below is the ouput that I'm getting:

<SNIP>
>checking host system type... i386-pc-cygwin32
>./configure: cannot create temp file for here document: Permission denied

This problem has been fixed in the version 2.04 that I have just uploaded to my xoom.com site.
Try it and let me know what you think.

http://members.xoom.com/tbisp/

P.S. Earnie, this version also has the fix to the bug you mentioned on this list. Thought you would like to know.

As usual, your feedback is VERY welcome!!!!!

Before you buy.