* RPM
@ 2001-12-11 10:18 gahan
From: gahan @ 2001-12-11 10:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hey i'd like to install rpm on cygwin. Is it possible? I saw some files
like: package-for_cygwin.rpm. How to install them on cygwin?
What i need? Where from i can download etc.
Gahan.

* Re: rpm
@ 2003-07-01 15:43 ` Larry Hall
From: Larry Hall @ 2003-07-01 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Martin Gainty; +Cc: cygwin

Martin Gainty wrote:

> Hello All:
>
> Does cygwin support rpm's..perhaps a rpm binary?

See:

<http://cygwin.com/cgi-bin2/package-grep.cgi?grep=rpm.exe>

Holliston, MA 01746

* rpm
@ 2003-07-01 14:59 Martin Gainty
From: Martin Gainty @ 2003-07-01 14:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello All:

Does cygwin support rpm's..perhaps a rpm binary?

Many Thanks,

Martin

* Re: RPM
       [not found] <Pine.LNX.4.33.0112111822500.24398-100000@heros.knurow.tpsa .pl>
@ 2001-12-11 10:56 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-12-11 10:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gahan, cygwin

At 12:24 PM 12/11/2001, gahan wrote:
>Hey i'd like to install rpm on cygwin. Is it possible? I saw some files
>like: package-for_cygwin.rpm. How to install them on cygwin?
>What i need? Where from i can download etc.

First, you need RPM.  Check the email list archives for any existing ports.
I'm not aware of any packages created via RPM for Cygwin thogh.  There was
a Cygwin-RPM project for a while at Source Forge with the goal of creating
an RPM-based Cygwin but that has since been discontinued.

Your best source of information for RPM and Cygwin is the email list
archives.  This will let you know what may be available and any
discussions surrounding it.

* Re: RPM
@ 1998-04-02  9:00 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1998-04-02  9:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Edward Avis; +Cc: gw32

---Edward Avis <EPA@datcon.co.uk> wrote:

> IMHO, a version of RPM for Cygwin32 would be very useful, especially
as
> more and more programs are now being ported, and a larger number of
> relatively "non-techie" users (like myself!) are using the product.
It
> would certainly help in creating a Cygwin32 "distribution" and in
upgrading
> from one beta to the next.
>
> I did see a readme on some FTP server which claimed to have an RPM
port,
> but it seemed to have disappeared.  Anyone know where it went?

Check the URL list below my signature.  There is a reference to RPM,
it is a b18 version though.

> --
> Ed Avis
> epa@datcon.co.uk
> http://members.tripod.com/~mave/index.html
>
> -
message to

-        \\||//
---o0O0--Earnie--0O0o----
-earnie_boyd@hotmail.com-
------ooo0O--O0ooo-------

Check out these great gnu-win32 related sites:
ftp://ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest/                  (ftp site)
http://www.cygnus.com/pubs/gnupro/                    (Comercial Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/misc/gnu-win32/                   (Project Page)
http://www.cygnus.com/ml/gnu-win32                     (Mail Archives)
http://www.itribe.net/virtunix/winhelp-man-pages/     (HTML Man Pages)
http://www.lexa.ru/sos                               (Sergey Okhapkin)
ftp://www.lexa.ru/pub/domestic/sos/                (Sergey's ftp site)
http://www.fu.is.saga-u.ac.jp/~colin/gcc.html           (Colin Peters)
http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/    (Mumit Khan)
http://gnu-win32.paranoia.ru                   (Chuck Bogorad's ports)
http://www.bestweb.net/~aka/gnu-win32/  (GNU-Win32 Bash Configuration)
http://rcw.home.ml.org/                  (Rob Warner - software ports)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/     (more - software portals)
http://www.wenet.net/~garbanzo/gnuwin32/rpm   (Redhat Package Manager)
http://www.parallax.co.uk/~andyp/index_text.html  (Andy Piper - ports)
http://www.tiac.net/users/cgf     (Christopher Faylor - package ports)
ftp://ftp.franken.de/pub/win32/develop/gnuwin32/       (German mirror)

SEARCH ENGINES WITH gnu-win32 mail archive RELATED INDICIES:
http://www.progressive-comp.com/Lists/?l=gnu-win32&r=1&w=2#gnu-win32
http://www.findmail.com
http://www.search.com
add gnu-win32 or gnuwin32 to the search criteria.

Help for Win32 Beginners: http://www.relisoft.com