* Can't start network utilities in cygwin with WinGate client
@ 2003-09-11 14:54 Shahid Manzoor
From: Shahid Manzoor @ 2003-09-11 14:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,

I have installed WinGate client on my windows2000 machine and all
applications like ssh, scp, startx using TCP/IP does not work in cygwin.
If i disable WinGate client then these works.

Please tell me how can I solve this problem

Shahid Manzoor

* Re: Can't start network utilities in cygwin with WinGate client
       [not found]   ` <Pine.LNX.4.44.0309111711190.31954-100000@cip231.studcs.uni -sb.de>
@ 2003-09-11 23:06     ` Larry Hall
From: Larry Hall @ 2003-09-11 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shahid Manzoor, Cygwin List

Well, it sounds to me like the WinGate client is certainly the problem then.
I'd recommend searching the WinGate site for answers and/or contacting them.

Larry

@ 2003-09-11 19:00     ` Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail)
From: Hannu E K Nevalainen (garbage mail) @ 2003-09-11 19:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin List

> From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com]On Behalf
> Of Shahid Manzoor

> I have no problem in TCP/UDP setting problem on server. if i disable the
> WinGate client then it works. I have WinGate server on server machine and
> I can run internet from client machine without WinGate client. In this
> scenario ssh or scp command works without client on my machine. But does
> not work with WinGate client.

 Do you have a specific _reason_ to use WinGate instead of "Internet
connection sharing" in Windows? (The other WinGate stuff can be substituted
by cygwin stuff, I think - am I right?)

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, B.Sc. EE - 59?16.37'N, 17?12.60'E

   !     Sweden's Minister for Foreign Affairs
 --+--   Anna Lindh, Jun 19, 1957 - Sep 11, 2003 at 05:49 (CET)
   !
   !
   !

 -> http://cnn.com/2003/WORLD/europe/09/11/sweden.stabbing/index.html

--END OF MESSAGE--

* Re: Can't start network utilities in cygwin with WinGate client
@ 2003-09-11 15:21   ` Shahid Manzoor
       [not found]   ` <Pine.LNX.4.44.0309111711190.31954-100000@cip231.studcs.uni -sb.de>
From: Shahid Manzoor @ 2003-09-11 15:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin List