* rxvt
@ 1999-10-03 12:10 Franklin Wingate
From: Franklin Wingate @ 1999-10-03 12:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin List

I've uzipped the rxvt files into my opt directory, but when i try to
compile and link the files into an executable with the command:
gcc -o rxvt *.o -L/path/to/newlibdir -lX11 -luser32 -lgdi32
i get eh eror X11 not found, but the directory does exist. What do i do?

-frank

* rxvt
@ 1999-10-31 19:54 ` Franklin Wingate
From: Franklin Wingate @ 1999-10-31 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin List

I've uzipped the rxvt files into my opt directory, but when i try to
compile and link the files into an executable with the command:
gcc -o rxvt *.o -L/path/to/newlibdir -lX11 -luser32 -lgdi32
i get eh eror X11 not found, but the directory does exist. What do i do?

-frank

* Re: rxvt
@ 2001-05-24  9:26 ` Gerrit P. Haase
From: Gerrit P. Haase @ 2001-05-24  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Jim Baumbach schrieb am 2001-05-24, 10:56:

> I don't have an rxvt (which I see discussed on this list.)
> What is it?  Is it because I run 1.1.8?
>
> (no /bin/rxvt.exe, man rxvt returns nothing.)

Run setup.exe and load it down from your favorite mirror.
I use rxvt since today:-)

You should also upgrade to cygwin-1.3...
It seems that it is much faster than native windows shell.

gph

--
=^..^=

* Re: rxvt
@ 2001-05-24  9:25 ` Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc)
From: Larry Hall (RFK Partners, Inc) @ 2001-05-24  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jim Baumbach; +Cc: cygwin

At 10:56 AM 5/24/2001, you wrote:
>I don't have an rxvt (which I see discussed on this list.)
>What is it?  Is it because I run 1.1.8?
>
>(no /bin/rxvt.exe, man rxvt returns nothing.)

Whenever you find you don't have a utility/program the list is talking
about, make sure you're up-to-date by going to www.cygwin.com and click
on "Install Now".  This will install/update your system with all the
Cygwin packages (unless you pick-and-choose, which isn't recommended for
the Cygwin novice/newbie).

In your case, you'll get rxvt, along with some other addiitons since the
last time you ran this.

* rxvt
@ 2001-05-24  9:02 Jim Baumbach

From: Franklin Wingate @ 1999-10-31 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin List

O.K. nevermind the previous message, now what's happening is that when i
try to compile, using gcc -o rxvt *.o -L/path/to/newlibdir -lX11 -luser32
-lgdi32 i get the error in libmain.cc line 38, undefined reference to
WinMain@16. please help

* rxvt
@ 1999-10-03 14:43 Franklin Wingate
From: Franklin Wingate @ 1999-10-03 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin List

O.K. nevermind the previous message, now what's happening is that when i
try to compile, using gcc -o rxvt *.o -L/path/to/newlibdir -lX11 -luser32
-lgdi32 i get the error in libmain.cc line 38, undefined reference to
WinMain@16. please help

* Re: Rxvt
@ 1999-02-28 23:02 ` Tony Pires
From: Tony Pires @ 1999-02-28 23:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I downloaded my B19 version from http://www.io.com/~bub/rxvt.html . However
it has not been updated.

I have patched the B19 rxvt binary to use the b20.1 cygwin1.dll and it seems
to work fine for me under Win95.

Hope this helps.

Tony Pires,  Engineering Systems Supervisor
Kvaerner Chemetics Inc. Ltd, Vancouver, B.C.
Email: t_pires@fox.nstn.ca or tony.pires@kvaerner.com   Fax: 604-737-0340

"The views represented herein are solely my own."

* Re: Rxvt
@ 1999-02-08 22:18 Tony Pires
From: Tony Pires @ 1999-02-08 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 1998-02-28 23:38 Sergey Okhapkin
From: Sergey Okhapkin @ 1998-02-28 23:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnuwin32, 'Bug Hunter'

Bug Hunter wrote:

>   Has anyone made rxvt under X11R6.3 work?
>
>  I get this:
>
>   setuid called and its not done yet.
> rxvt: can't open pseudo tty
> rxvt: aborting
>
>  I am running b19, with cygwin set to:
> CYGWIN32=title tty

Take b19-compiled rxvt from my web page.

--
Sergey Okhapkin, http://www.lexa.ru/sos
Moscow, Russia

-

* rxvt
@ 1998-02-28 11:27 Bug Hunter
From: Bug Hunter @ 1998-02-28 11:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnuwin32

  Has anyone made rxvt under X11R6.3 work?

 I get this:

  setuid called and its not done yet.
rxvt: can't open pseudo tty
rxvt: aborting

 I am running b19, with cygwin set to:
CYGWIN32=title tty

  Can anyone give me a clue to what is wrong?

bug

-

* Re: rxvt
@ 1997-11-20  7:27 Arlindo da Silva
From: Arlindo da Silva @ 1997-11-20  7:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

Hi,

> One comment: John Davis (davis@space.mit.edu,
> ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis ) used to maintain a private version of the
> rxvt code that was much, much better than the public versions.  The last
> time I tested a most-recent, public version of rxvt using Linux, it was
> obvious that the Davis improvements hadn't reached the attention of the
> implementor.

I contacted John Davis for his modified rxvt sources but he tells me that
by now it has already been integrated in the public version. FYI.

--
Arlindo da Silva
dasilva@alum.mit.edu

-

* Re: rxvt
       [not found] <214CC9256C01D11186F20060B067E4A5F664@HPSRV01>
@ 1997-10-21 11:48 ` Arlindo da Silva
From: Arlindo da Silva @ 1997-10-21 11:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tom Koehler; +Cc: gnu-win32

> I installed the X11R6 libraries and greatly appreciate them because I am
> now able to use my favorite plotting software on an NT workstation.  The
> only problem I have is that I can't get rxvt to work - a window appears
> and then quickly disappears.  I suspect that I don't have some
> environment variable set properly.  I have done some internet searching,
> but everything I have found is directed toward unix and I haven't found
> anything that looke useful to me.  Could you point me to any NT oriented
> documentation?

Try:

setenv CYGWIN_TTY 1   (bash), or
set    CYGWIN_TTY=1   (dos)