* Re: Problems with rebaseall?
@ 2005-07-12 22:47 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2005-07-12 22:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ht; +Cc: cygwin

Henry S. Thompson writes

> Check archives for email from me about emacs, rebase and libtiff

I have cheked your problem with XEmacs, but the problem of EMACS after
rebasing all is that it hangs (it takes all CPU but the windows does not
shows itself), NOT "...unable to remap.."

The application that gives "...unable to remap..." is a test program
(stress.exe) of ROOT (a CERN application);

So, for the moment, or one uses rebaseall and gets a working test but not
Emacs, either gets Emacs to work but not the test.

This happens with Cygwin >= 1.5.17-1

Up to 1.5.16-1 Emacs worked fine also after rebasing all.

The current version of XEmacs (21.4-17) works also with rebasing all.

Best regards
  angelo.

* Re: Problems with rebaseall?
@ 2005-07-12  9:21 ` Henry S. Thompson
From: Henry S. Thompson @ 2005-07-12  9:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

* Re: Problems with rebaseall?
@ 2005-07-11 20:27 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2005-07-11 20:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Brian Dessent wrote:

>  Angelo Graziosi wrote:
>
>> /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/fiReBaseImage
>> (/usr/bin/cygiconv-2.dll) failed
>> with last error = 6
>
>   Please read the thread "Perl Win32::Shortcut screws up fork" for the
>   discussion of this known problem.  As a temporary work around you can
>   try <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-07/msg00319.html>
>
>   Brian

Ok, with that patch rebaseall works and the application that was
"...unable..." now is 'able' and it works fine.

But an old (rhetorical) question remains : Why from cygwin
1.5.17-1+snapshots up to 1.5.18-1 (+snap 20050709)  after rebasing all,
Emacs does not work any more?

Angelo.

* Re: Problems with rebaseall?
@ 2005-07-10 21:24 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2005-07-10 21:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Angelo Graziosi wrote:

>    /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/fiReBaseImage (/usr/bin/cygiconv-2.dll) failed
>    with last error = 6

Please read the thread "Perl Win32::Shortcut screws up fork" for the
discussion of this known problem.  As a temporary work around you can
try <http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2005-07/msg00319.html>

Brian

* Problems with rebaseall?
@ 2005-07-10 21:13 Angelo Graziosi
From: Angelo Graziosi @ 2005-07-10 21:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Using (from std bash shell):

   rebaseall -v

I have noted (after upgrading to Bash-3.0-7) that in the output there is a
line like:

   /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/2.4.0/fiReBaseImage (/usr/bin/cygiconv-2.dll) failed
   with last error = 6

I do not know if this could be a problem.

After that rebasing, the application which was "...unable to remap..."
remains "...unable...".

Best regards,

   angelo.