* gnu-win32-b18
@ 1997-09-13 10:59 Chad Schmidt
From: Chad Schmidt @ 1997-09-13 10:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

*sigh*

I was really looking forward to using this program, but I seem to have
run into an odd snaffu..

I tried downloading the split version, since I am on a dial-up
connection with a 2 hour time limit. I got all the files, but then my
ftp stalled on the last 4 k of the file. Now, I wouldn't have been too
discouraged, but it has done this 4 times in a row.

So I went and downloaded the main all in one cdk.exe file, and got to
the last 4 k, and boom, it stalled out again, twice....

now... I have no idea what is causing this, I was hoping you might have
some ideas

I'm using cuteftp 1.8 as my client...

thanks in advance

Chad Schmidt
I_M_JD@usa.net

-

* Re: gnu-win32-b18
@ 1997-09-14  7:59 ` Hilton Fernandes
From: Hilton Fernandes @ 1997-09-14  7:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chad Schmidt, Cygnus gnuwin32; +Cc: Hilton Fernandes

On 13 Sep 97 at 11:00, Chad Schmidt <I_M_JD@usa.net> wrote:

> *sigh*
>
> I was really looking forward to using this program, but I seem to have
> run into an odd snaffu..

> I'm using cuteftp 1.8 as my client...

I don't use cuteftp, but i share with you some of your problems: i
also used a dial-up connection, and it is unreliable.

I suggest you to look at MTU.  Check whether the MTU size in your
dial-up configuration is the same as your ISP.  That can speed up
your transference rate.

In my own name and -- i guess -- in the name of all dial-up
connection users, i'd like to ask Cygnus to split its files into
even smaller chunks.  It was a really good idea to split them, but
the size diminition doesn't seem enough to warranty the successful
download to many of us poor dial-up downloaders. :-(

Best regards,
++Hilton
----
Hilton Fernandes
hfernandes@geocities.com
http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/5657
URLs and help on C++ programming and Object-Oriented Design
-

* NT Shell Accounts
@ 1997-09-14 16:04   ` Daniyal Syed
From: Daniyal Syed @ 1997-09-14 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygnus gnuwin32

Hello every one again!

I am giving out shell accounts for testing a machine that I
have installed. Running windows nt workstation.
It has all the command development tools such as VC++ 5.0
Borland C++ 4.52 and the GNU gcc compiler etc..

please send me email if any one is intrested...
of course this does not cost any thing

THIS IS ONLY FOR TESTING AND DEBUGGING
THE ENVIRONMENT. IF EVERYTHING WORKS OUT
FINE I MAY THINK OF OPENING A PERMANENT
SERVER FOR DEVELOPERS.

THanks

Daniyal Syed.