* RE: New version of jikes java compiler works with cygwin.
@ 2000-05-08 13:28 Christopher Jones
From: Christopher Jones @ 2000-05-08 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, cygwin

Title: RE: New version of jikes java compiler works with cygwin.

Mo,

I've compiled Jikes with cygwin before... I think you did the port even... what's so special about this?

Brian

@ 2000-05-08 13:52 ` Mo DeJong
From: Mo DeJong @ 2000-05-08 13:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christopher Jones; +Cc: cygwin

First off, please don't post HTML mail to this list. There are lots of
people (like me) that have text only mail clients.

On Mon, 8 May 2000, Christopher Jones wrote:

> Mo,

Yup, I did the old port but this is a "new port" that works even better.
I do not know if you ever looked at the old jikes build process but it
was held together with string and tape. The CVS version of jikes supports
a rock solid build process. You can even compile this new version
of jikes using a Cygwin cross compiler (the old version could not be
cross compiled).

> I've compiled Jikes with cygwin before... I think you did the port even...

How special does it need to be? I thought folks using
cygwin might like to know about cool software that has been
ported to cygwin. Am I wrong about that?

> what's so special about this?
>
> Brian

Mo Dejong
Red Hat Inc.

* Re: New version of jikes java compiler works with cygwin.
@ 2000-05-05 19:22 ` Randall R Schulz
From: Randall R Schulz @ 2000-05-05 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mo DeJong, cygwin

Hi,

Thanks for the infomation.

The link you gave needs an 'l' at the end:

< http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jikes/project/i
ndex.html>

Randall Schulz
Teknowledge Corp.