* precompiled perl?
@ 1999-04-18  9:14 Nancy McGough
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Nancy McGough @ 1999-04-18  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry if this is a FAQ but I haven't been able to find info about this
in the Cygwin mailing list archives or web site: Where can I find a
precompiled perl for Cygwin?

Thanks much,
Nancy

PS -- Does anyone have a public archive of the Cygwin mailing list
on an IMAP server? I'd love to be able to use an IMAP client to read
and search the archives.

--
©Nancy McGough          http://www.ii.com          Infinite Ink
--= Sent via PINE: Power Internet News & Email for Win/Unix =--

* Re: precompiled perl?
@ 1999-04-19  6:32 Earnie Boyd
From: Earnie Boyd @ 1999-04-19  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

--- Nancy McGough <nm@NoAdsPlease.ii.com> wrote:
--8<--
> I've now downloaded, bunzipped, and untarred it and successfully run a
> perl script! Here are a couple questions: The first line of my script
> is:
>
>  #!perl
>
> and it works fine because perl is on my path. But, if perl weren't on
> my path, what is the best thing to put as the first line of the
> script. On my system perl is in C:\Cygnus\cygwin-b20\usr\local\bin but
> when I'm in the Cygwin bash window I'm not sure what's considered the
> root directory.
>
> Another Q: Is it possible to send a file to a Cygwin perl script from
> within Windows Explorer. E.g., by right clicking and choosing Send To
> and having the script be one of the Send To choices. Any pointers to
> launching Cygwin stuff from within Windows would be great.
--8<--

bash$: cd /
bash$: ln -s //c/Cygnus/cygwin-b20/usr usr

perl.ps

#!/usr/local/bin/perl

===
"Earnie Boyd" < mailto:earnie_boyd@yahoo.com >
CYGWIN RELATED HELP:
 DOCUMENTATION: < http://sourceware.cygnus.com/cygwin/docs.html >
       DLLHELP: < http://www.xraylith.wisc.edu/~khan/software/gnu-win32/ >
ARCHIVE SEARCH: < http://www.delorie.com/archives/ > OR
                < http://www.eGroups.com/list/gnu-win32/ >

* Re: precompiled perl?
@ 1999-04-20 15:41 John Huddleston
From: John Huddleston @ 1999-04-20 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

the contents of a myfile.bat file is

perl -S myfile %1

where myfile is a file containing perl code

John Huddleston
jhudd@cody.itc.nrcs.usda.gov