* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.5-1
@ 2003-09-20 23:05 Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-09-20 23:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download.  As usual, a list of what has changed is below.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.

If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: cygwin@cygwin.com .

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

Christopher Faylor
Red Hat, Inc.

Changes since 1.5.4-1:

- Implement tcflush for ptys.  (Corinna Vinschen)

- Fix problem with gethostid on NT4.  (Brian Ford)

- Fix dumper.exe problem so that maybe it actually works now.  (Christopher Faylor)

- Fix "find doesn't recurse into every directory" problem.  (Christopher Faylor)

- Make CTRL-Z operable again.  (Christopher Faylor)

- Fix for occasional "CTRL-C doesn't respond" problem.  (Christopher Faylor)

- Fix for problem where calling setvbuf from a thread had no effect on buffering
  in other threads.  (Christopher Faylor)

- Try to make 'kill -f' a little more robust.  (Christopher Faylor)

- Make 'kill -N' work again, where N is a number or a symbolic symbol notation.
  (Christopher Faylor)

- Allow kill.exe to take a negative pid argument, denoting a process group.
  (Christopher Faylor)

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.5-1
@ 2003-09-20 23:11 ` Cliff Hones
From: Cliff Hones @ 2003-09-20 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On the two mirrors which I could find which have the new 1.5.5-1,
there seems to be a problem with the MD5 checksum in the setup.ini file.
Running bzcat on the downloaded cygwin-1.5.5-1.tar.bz2 shows no problem,
but manually running md5sum shows it disagrees with the setup.ini entry.

I replied yes to the "install anyway" prompt I got from setup.exe
(snapshot version 2.407) when it detected the problem, and my installation
does appear to be working.

(This was with mirrors.rcn.net and mirrors.kernel.org.)

-- Cliff

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.5-1
@ 2003-09-20 23:23   ` Frédéric L. W. Meunier
From: Frédéric L. W. Meunier @ 2003-09-20 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Here setup is crashing / exiting. I downloaded setup.ini from
sources.redhat.com and the packages from mirrors.rcn.net. I'm
installing from a local directory. It exits while scanning the
packages.

--
How to contact me - http://www.pervalidus.net/contact.html

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.5.5-1
@ 2003-09-20 23:27     ` Frédéric L. W. Meunier
From: Frédéric L. W. Meunier @ 2003-09-20 23:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Nevermind. I redownload setup.ini from sources.redhat.com. BTW,
no md5sum problem.