On April 7, 2021 8:47 PM Achim Gratz wrote: >L A Walsh writes: >> If I move the windows cursor to another editor window in X11, >> the blinking cursor moves to the new window, but if I move >> it to a native window, the blinking doesn't stop. >> >> Has this always been this way? > >Windows never had "focus follows mouse" in any version I can remember. > It has had it since Windows95 or so and it is my default setting on any PC I use. Attached is a little program I wrote a long time ago that turns the feature on or off. Compile with `gcc xmouse.c` or mingw. Something like this was included in the Windows PowerToys as xmouse.exe. Michael