Corinna Vinschen wrote in news:20031030095229.GM1653@cygbert.vinschen.de: >> >> I observed a ssh crash on Win95 too, but only after running >> ssh-host-config It went away after deleting the two ssh 22/ lines in >> c:\windows\services They don't seem to end with CRNL. > > Ouch. I see why that happens. I'll have to modify the > ssh-host-config script. > > This is no problem on 98/Me and NT, though. Did you also test with > ssh/22 lines with CRLF? > > Corinna > It seems to me that the missing CRLF is not the only source of the problem. I receive a similar stackdump on XP Home, but only when I use the user under which sshd has been installed. When I use root, ssh works fine. I´ll go deeper into the differences, but up till now it seem that the ssh configuration scripts do not make up the difference. I´ll come back to you later. Christian -- Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html Documentation: http://cygwin.com/docs.html FAQ: http://cygwin.com/faq/