In reply to Andrey, I attach my cygcheck.out file. Thanks. Lester > > When I login to my cygwin I see > > /cygdrive/c/Users/ingber/My: Command not found. > > > I have tried to edit my ~/.dirsfile (in /home/ingber/ which is where I > > wish to start) but those changes do not persist between login sessions? > > > The problem likely stems from may of my files now in a G: drive (a > > virtual drive added by Google) that starts at C:/Users/ingber (which I do > > not want to land in on login). > > Please provide cygcheck output as per > > > Problem reports: https://cygwin.com/problems.html