* Re: Ctrl+Space not working under Windows Terminal
@ 2022-09-06 14:26 Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
From: Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] @ 2022-09-06 14:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> I then see "C-@" echoed in the minibuffer, and the resulting *Help* buffer says

WFIW, in the DEC VT terminals (from where most of ANSI controls stem from), Ctrl-Space used to
generate a NUL character (ASCII '\0'), and so maybe it is seen as a fill character by the OP's
terminal and, therefore, is ignored.

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI

* Re: Ctrl+Space not working under Windows Terminal
@ 2022-09-06 15:28 Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C]
From: Lavrentiev, Anton (NIH/NLM/NCBI) [C] @ 2022-09-06 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Cygwin also generates NUL:

Thanks for checking!  NULs were used as fill characters to throttle down the line speeds, and were supposed to be ignored
in both hardware and software...  I guess with the software terminal emulators (such as MinTTY/Windows console/and such), that depends
on settings as to what is passed through to the applications, and what is just dropped and ignored...  So checking the terminal properties
may be indicated in this case.  Also, Windows console seems to have "Enable Ctrl-key" property that is said to possibly interfere with
the applications -- and maybe Ctrl-Space is one of those keys, so try to uncheck it to see if that helps.

Anton Lavrentiev
Contractor NIH/NLM/NCBI

* Ctrl+Space not working under Windows Terminal
@ 2022-09-03  1:33 Ricardo Urbina
From: Ricardo Urbina @ 2022-09-03  1:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin