From: Eliot Moss <moss@cs.umass.edu>
To: "Jānis Ķengurs" <kangarooo@gmail.com>, cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Cant install Cygwin Virt-manager that asks for library that asks for python2
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 11:26:08 -0500	[thread overview]

On 11/6/2023 11:11 AM, Jānis Ķengurs via Cygwin wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 6, 2023 at 5:50 PM Brian Inglis <Brian.Inglis@shaw.ca> wrote:
>
>> On 2023-10-31 16:58, Jānis Ķengurs via Cygwin wrote:
>>> I wanted to use some KVM or Qemu or something on linux and windows that
>> can
>>> fast open iso files for testing
>>> Downloaded on  Windows 10
>>
>> You can mount ISOs directly on linux with the loop option and module:
>>
>>          https://www.howtogeek.com/168137/mount-an-iso-image-in-linux/
>>
>> and on Windows directly:
>>
>> https://www.windowscentral.com/how-mount-or-unmount-iso-images-windows-10
>>
>> and that may make them visible in Cygwin.
>>
>> --
>> Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis              Calgary, Alberta, Canada
>>
>> La perfection est atteinte                   Perfection is achieved
>> non pas lorsqu'il n'y a plus rien à ajouter  not when there is no more to
>> add
>>
> But i cant install virt-manager to use iso files.
> In it can open iso files.
> I cant install virt-manager from cygwin any new or old installers, they all
> download latest mirror file list and it doesnt have python2 needed for
> installing virt-manager.

What I believe Brian was trying to tell you is that you don't have to
have virt-manager in order to mount and use ISO files under Windows.
Once the ISO drive is mounted, it should be visible to Cygwin as an
ordinary drive under /cygdrive according to its drive letter.

This does not make virt-manager work; instead it avoids the need for
it.

Regards - Eliot Moss