* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygport-0.11.1-1
@ 2012-10-11  4:10 Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2012-10-11  4:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I have just released cygport-0.11.1 for the Cygwin distribution and the
Fedora Cygwin repository.  New in this release:

* Spec-style .cygport files
Filename constraints do not apply if NAME, VERSION, and RELEASE are
defined.  These variables are intended to replace PN/PV/PR.

* Updated for GStreamer 1.0

* New install command: make_autostart_entry.

* Bugfixes for debuginfo packages and dependency detection.

Changes in this release (25):
      rubygem: do not install duplicate .so files
      list_deps: fix typo in libtool library dependencies
      list_deps: handle commas in pkg-config Requires fields
      list_deps: assure Windows\System32 dir is in PATH
      list_deps: fix Java split package dependencies
      list_deps: ignore Lua/Perl/Python/Ruby/Tcl scripts in docdir
      dodoc: Fix installation of filenames containing spaces
      list_deps: try harder to avoid listing a package as dependent on itself
      src_install: add make_autostart_entry command
      Fix scope of variables
      berkdb: update unsupported version error
      gnome2: fix indentation
      gtkmm: remove obsolete configure flags
      prepstrip: ignore .mdb files in misnamed executable search
      debuginfo: enable generation for static libraries
      list_deps: handle filenames with spaces
      fossil: update for 1.23
      Allow RPM spec filename style as alternative to Gentoo-style filenames
      list_deps: fix pkg-config library dependencies
      Allow comma-separated list variables
      gstreamer: Update for 1.0
      prepstrip: handle .lib as import library
      prepstrip: fix debuginfo detection for mingw64 toolchain
      autotools: fix libtool detection for XCB packages
      cygport 0.11.1

--

Yaakov
Cygwin/X

email header of this message.  Send email to the address specified
there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygport-0.11.1-1
@ 2012-10-28 13:28 ` Oleksandr Gavenko
From: Oleksandr Gavenko @ 2012-10-28 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 2012-10-11, Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:

> I have just released cygport-0.11.1 for the Cygwin distribution and the
> Fedora Cygwin repository.  New in this release:
>
> * Spec-style .cygport files
> Filename constraints do not apply if NAME, VERSION, and RELEASE are
> defined.

That's great news (user feedback)! I just make my first .cygport file and
surprised by policy on .cygport file names.

I worry about maintaining clean VCS history of project and renaming files just
for version update seems wrong practice in VCS. It is possible to workaround
this issue be generating .cygport file during build process. But now I just
place 'PACKAGE.cygport' into my source code tree.

> These variables are intended to replace PN/PV/PR.

What does that mean? PN/PV/PR removed in future releases?

--
Best regards!

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygport-0.11.1-1
@ 2012-10-28 16:33   ` Yaakov (Cygwin/X)
From: Yaakov (Cygwin/X) @ 2012-10-28 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, 2012-10-28 at 15:28 +0200, Oleksandr Gavenko wrote:
> > These variables are intended to replace PN/PV/PR.
> >
> What does that mean? PN/PV/PR removed in future releases?

Not for the foreseeable future, as that would break backwards API
compatibility.

Yaakov