* screen
@ 2003-04-26 16:24 Cant
From: Cant @ 2003-04-26 16:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

How come when i use screen and i want to detach the screen then re-attach it
again it says this...

$ screen -r
There is a screen on:
There is no screen to be resumed.
$ ps x
      PID    PPID    PGID     WINPID  TTY  UID    STIME COMMAND
     3264       1    3264       3264    ? 1012 11:21:33
/home/Cant/screen-3.9.15/screen
     3276    3264    3276       3232    1 1012 11:21:34 /usr/bin/tcsh
      212    3276     212        340    1 1012 11:21:40 /usr/bin/links
     1556    3520    1556       1580    0 1012 11:22:43 /usr/bin/tcsh
     1576    1556    1576       2072    0 1012 11:23:23 /usr/bin/ps
$

the links is in the screen session and i cant re-attach it in order to get
back to it... ]; any ideas?

brian AT nkjo DOT torun DOT pOlAND
You got questions? We got mean-ass otters with two middle fingers...!

* Re: screen
@ 2003-04-29 19:18 ` Karsten M. Self
From: Karsten M. Self @ 2003-04-29 19:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

on Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 11:25:20AM +0200, Cant (cant_reed@yahoo.com) wrote:
> How come when i use screen and i want to detach the screen then re-attach it
> again it says this...
>
> $ screen -r
> There is a screen on:
> There is no screen to be resumed.
> $ ps x
>       PID    PPID    PGID     WINPID  TTY  UID    STIME COMMAND
>      3264       1    3264       3264    ? 1012 11:21:33
> /home/Cant/screen-3.9.15/screen
>      3276    3264    3276       3232    1 1012 11:21:34 /usr/bin/tcsh
>       212    3276     212        340    1 1012 11:21:40 /usr/bin/links
>      1556    3520    1556       1580    0 1012 11:22:43 /usr/bin/tcsh
>      1576    1556    1576       2072    0 1012 11:23:23 /usr/bin/ps
> $
>
> the links is in the screen session and i cant re-attach it in order to get
> back to it... ]; any ideas?

I'd love to have your problem.  Where'd  you find 'screen'?

Try 'screen -ls' to list currently active screen sessions.  It's
possible that the cygwin port is borked.

Peace.

    SCO is the thief who puts a gun to his own head and says give me
    your money or I'll shoot.
    -- Bruce Perens  http://slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=56225&&cid=5456337

* Re: screen
@ 2003-04-29 21:07   ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-04-29 21:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Karsten M. Self; +Cc: cygwin

On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Karsten M. Self wrote:

> on Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 11:25:20AM +0200, Cant (cant_reed@yahoo.com) wrote:
> > How come when i use screen and i want to detach the screen then re-attach it
> > again it says this...
> >
> > $ screen -r
> > There is a screen on:
> > There is no screen to be resumed.
> > $ ps x
> >       PID    PPID    PGID     WINPID  TTY  UID    STIME COMMAND
> >      3264       1    3264       3264    ? 1012 11:21:33
> > /home/Cant/screen-3.9.15/screen
> >      3276    3264    3276       3232    1 1012 11:21:34 /usr/bin/tcsh
> >       212    3276     212        340    1 1012 11:21:40 /usr/bin/links
> >      1556    3520    1556       1580    0 1012 11:22:43 /usr/bin/tcsh
> >      1576    1556    1576       2072    0 1012 11:23:23 /usr/bin/ps
> > $
> >
> > the links is in the screen session and i cant re-attach it in order to get
> > back to it... ]; any ideas?
>
> I'd love to have your problem.  Where'd  you find 'screen'?
>
> Try 'screen -ls' to list currently active screen sessions.  It's
> possible that the cygwin port is borked.
>
> Peace.

There is no Cygwin port (or an official package) of screen.  I posted a
patch a while ago that would make it compile (and sort of run).  It's
possible that screen relies on some features that aren't portable.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II

* Re: screen
@ 2003-04-30  2:50     ` Karsten M. Self
From: Karsten M. Self @ 2003-04-30  2:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

on Tue, Apr 29, 2003 at 03:57:37PM -0400, Igor Pechtchanski (pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu) wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Apr 2003, Karsten M. Self wrote:
>
> > on Sat, Apr 26, 2003 at 11:25:20AM +0200, Cant (cant_reed@yahoo.com) wrote:
> > > How come when i use screen and i want to detach the screen then re-attach it
> > > again it says this...
> > >
> > > $ screen -r
> > > There is a screen on:
> > > There is no screen to be resumed.
> > > $ ps x
> > >       PID    PPID    PGID     WINPID  TTY  UID    STIME COMMAND
> > >      3264       1    3264       3264    ? 1012 11:21:33
> > > /home/Cant/screen-3.9.15/screen
> > >      3276    3264    3276       3232    1 1012 11:21:34 /usr/bin/tcsh
> > >       212    3276     212        340    1 1012 11:21:40 /usr/bin/links
> > >      1556    3520    1556       1580    0 1012 11:22:43 /usr/bin/tcsh
> > >      1576    1556    1576       2072    0 1012 11:23:23 /usr/bin/ps
> > > $
> > >
> > > the links is in the screen session and i cant re-attach it in order to get
> > > back to it... ]; any ideas?
> >
> > I'd love to have your problem.  Where'd  you find 'screen'?
> >
> > Try 'screen -ls' to list currently active screen sessions.  It's
> > possible that the cygwin port is borked.
> >
> > Peace.
>
> There is no Cygwin port (or an official package) of screen.  I posted a
> patch a while ago that would make it compile (and sort of run).  It's
> possible that screen relies on some features that aren't portable.

Ah.  I remember using it at one point, and noting that it didn't work
particularly well....

Peace.

   The Consumer Broadband and Digital Television Promotion Act:
     Feinstein's answer to Enron envy.
       http://www.politechbot.com/docs/cbdtpa/hollings.s2048.032102.html

* Re: screen
@ 2007-02-18 16:49             ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2007-02-18 16:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 08:29:41AM -0800, Christopher Layne wrote:

>> >No, that was not my intention.  I was trying to be courteous.  But that's a
>> >two-way street.  Forget it, I won't bother next time.
>>
>> Since you were pinging me and since (on rereading) you were consistently
>> asking for help, I don't think it was a huge leap for me to surmise that
>> you might be wanting my help debugging problems.  By stating my
>> intentions, I wanted to make it clear that someone else needs to step
>> in.
>
>You know this kind of things just shuts people off and turns them away right?
>People are trying to make progress, trying to make things better, and they're
>basically being told to go away. If he could do it himself, I'm sure he would
>have solved the issue by now. If he can't, perhaps he needs the help. I don't
>see what's so groundbreaking about "I'm not going to be able to help you with
>it now as I'm too busy, but perhaps throw the idea out there along with your
>observations and see who else bites." Is that somehow worse than "Look, I don't
>have the time to help you track down problems, find someone else." ?

Moved to the talk list.

cgf

* Re: screen
@ 2007-02-18 16:29           ` Christopher Layne
From: Christopher Layne @ 2007-02-18 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 04:14:06PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 16, 2007 at 01:01:23PM -0500, Andrew Schulman wrote:
> >> And, just in case you're wondering if I am going to volunteer to help you
> >> track down problems - I'm not.  So, maybe anyone who wants screen should
> >> volunteer to help.
> >
> >No, that was not my intention.  I was trying to be courteous.  But that's a
> >two-way street.  Forget it, I won't bother next time.
>
> Since you were pinging me and since (on rereading) you were consistently
> asking for help, I don't think it was a huge leap for me to surmise that
> you might be wanting my help debugging problems.  By stating my
> intentions, I wanted to make it clear that someone else needs to step
> in.
>
> cgf

You know this kind of things just shuts people off and turns them away right?
People are trying to make progress, trying to make things better, and they're
basically being told to go away. If he could do it himself, I'm sure he would
have solved the issue by now. If he can't, perhaps he needs the help. I don't
see what's so groundbreaking about "I'm not going to be able to help you with
it now as I'm too busy, but perhaps throw the idea out there along with your
observations and see who else bites." Is that somehow worse than "Look, I don't
have the time to help you track down problems, find someone else." ?

-cl

* Re: screen
@ 2007-02-16 21:14         ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2007-02-16 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2007-02-16 18:01       ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2007-02-16 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2005-06-15 14:11 ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2005-06-15 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>> Yes, the reattachment problem is now solved AFAICT, using Cygwin 1.5.17 or
>> later.  Most of it works just fine, but there's one problem that I haven't
>> solved yet:  when you detach a session, it stays bound to its parent
>> shell.  So if you then try to exit the parent shell, it hangs.  You can
>> terminate the parent shell, but then screen exits too.  Obviously this
>> takes away one of the big advantages of screen, which is the ability to
>> detach a session, leaving it running in the background, and then reattach
>> later from a different terminal.
>
> hmm I have not had that problem? I run rxvt's with bash and can exit all
> terminals leaving no bash process but screen lives on. I can then fire
> up another shell and re-connect to screen and any jobs it has running.
> (ie it works just like it should!)

Interesting.  Okay, I hadn't noticed this before, but the problem does
seem to be particular to the Cygwin console.  It doesn't occur with
rxvt.  Also, it doesn't occur in the Cygwin console if I start a
subshell first, and invoke screen from there.  Maybe useful to know.
Still, I do want to solve the problem before I release screen.

* Re: screen
@ 2005-06-15  7:44 Shaun Broadbent
From: Shaun Broadbent @ 2005-06-15  7:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Andrew.Schulman wrote
-------------------

> OK.  I later changed the version number from 1 to 0test1, so the URLs for
> download are now
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.2-0test1.tar.bz2
> (binary)
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.2-0test1-src.tar.bz2
> (source)

Thank you for that.

> Yes, the reattachment problem is now solved AFAICT, using Cygwin 1.5.17 or
> later.  Most of it works just fine, but there's one problem that I haven't
> solved yet:  when you detach a session, it stays bound to its parent
> shell.  So if you then try to exit the parent shell, it hangs.  You can
> terminate the parent shell, but then screen exits too.  Obviously this
> takes away one of the big advantages of screen, which is the ability to
> detach a session, leaving it running in the background, and then reattach
> later from a different terminal.

hmm I have not had that problem? I run rxvt's with bash and can exit all
terminals leaving no bash process but screen lives on. I can then fire
up another shell and re-connect to screen and any jobs it has running.
(ie it works just like it should!)

- Shaun

* screen
       [not found] <42AE548B.6050905@ekit-inc.com>
@ 2005-06-14 12:14 ` Schulman.Andrew
From: Schulman.Andrew @ 2005-06-14 12:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Firstly I apologize for emailing you directly, I am not familiar with
> posting to cygwin and couldn't see any other way to get in touch.

No problem, but the approved method is to send your query to cygwin a
cygwin d com, with "screen" in the subject.  I should normally see that,
and then other cygwin readers will also benefit from the discussion.

> I am just trying to get hold of your screen build that you posted.
> It seems to not be available any more via
> http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.2-1.tar.bz2

OK.  I later changed the version number from 1 to 0test1, so the URLs for
download are now

http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.2-0test1.tar.bz2
(binary)
http://home.comcast.net/~andrex/cygwin/screen/screen-4.0.2-0test1-src.tar.bz2
(source)

> I have been using it on a few pc's and would like to install it on
> another but have stupidly deleted the package.
> BTW it seems to work very well for me once I switched to a snapshot dll.
> I Can detach,re-attach with no problems (all pc's running xp sp2)

Yes, the reattachment problem is now solved AFAICT, using Cygwin 1.5.17 or
later.  Most of it works just fine, but there's one problem that I haven't
solved yet:  when you detach a session, it stays bound to its parent
shell.  So if you then try to exit the parent shell, it hangs.  You can
terminate the parent shell, but then screen exits too.  Obviously this
takes away one of the big advantages of screen, which is the ability to
detach a session, leaving it running in the background, and then reattach
later from a different terminal.

I've gotten some hints about how to attack this problem, but I just
haven't been able to spend any time on it yet.  It's high on my to-do
list.  Screen is great, and if I can solve that one problem it will be
ready for Cygwin.

There are also a few terminal oddities and intermittent display problems.
But these are minor, so I don't think I'll wait for them to release the
package.  At least, I can put it into testing so people can try it out
while I work on resolving the other problems.

> Thanks
>
> - Shaun

* Re: screen
@ 2003-04-12  0:56         ` Cant
From: Cant @ 2003-04-12  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

[;

* Re: screen
@ 2003-04-12  0:56       ` Cant
From: Cant @ 2003-04-12  0:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

well great it worked... wonderful except when i go to detach i cant reattach
it again... any more thoughts...?

ps. aha... very funny...

Uzytkownik "Igor Pechtchanski" <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> napisal w wiadomosci

> > > Which version of screen?  I've attached my patch for 3.9.13.

> > > I like this one.  How about: "You got questions? We got a mean otter
with
> > > an AK-47..."? ;-)
> > > Igor
>
> --
> http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
>       |\      _,,,---,,_ pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
> ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ igor@watson.ibm.com
>      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
>     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!
>
> Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
>   -- Leto II

* Re: screen
@ 2003-04-12  0:53     ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-04-12  0:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cant; +Cc: cygwin

--

@ 2003-04-12  0:51   ` Cant
From: Cant @ 2003-04-12  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

well i have .15 will it still work and how do i apply the patch?

ps. whats with the otter?

Uzytkownik "Igor Pechtchanski" <pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu> napisal w wiadomosci
> On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Cant wrote:
>
> > just for fun i thought i would try and install screen... but for some
> > reason when i go to make it, it says this:
> >
> > $ make
> > [snip]
> > gcc -c -I. -I.    -g -O2 misc.c
> > misc.c: In function `xsetenv':
> > misc.c:648: too few arguments to function `setenv'
> > make: *** [misc.o] Error 1
> > $
> >
> > any thoughts..?
>
> Which version of screen?  I've attached my patch for 3.9.13.

> > brian AT nkjo DOT torun DOT pOlAND
> > You got questions? We got busy phones...
>
> I like this one.  How about: "You got questions? We got a mean otter with
> an AK-47..."? ;-)
> Igor
> --
> http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
>       |\      _,,,---,,_ pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu
> ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_ igor@watson.ibm.com
>      |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-' Igor Pechtchanski
>     '---''(_/--'  `-'\_) fL a.k.a JaguaR-R-R-r-r-r-.-.-.  Meow!
>
> Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
>   -- Leto II

----

* Re: screen
@ 2003-04-12  0:50 ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-04-12  0:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cant; +Cc: cygwin

On Sat, 12 Apr 2003, Cant wrote:

> just for fun i thought i would try and install screen... but for some
> reason when i go to make it, it says this:
>
> $ make
> [snip]
> gcc -c -I. -I.    -g -O2 misc.c
> misc.c: In function `xsetenv':
> misc.c:648: too few arguments to function `setenv'
> make: *** [misc.o] Error 1
> $
>
> any thoughts..?

Which version of screen?  I've attached my patch for 3.9.13.

> brian AT nkjo DOT torun DOT pOlAND
> You got questions? We got busy phones...

I like this one.  How about: "You got questions? We got a mean otter with
an AK-47..."? ;-)
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II

diff -u -p -r orig/screen-3.9.13/configure.in ./configure.in
--- orig/screen-3.9.13/configure.in	2002-08-12 10:34:14.000000000 -0400
+++ ./configure.in	2002-09-09 16:39:27.000000000 -0400
@@ -270,7 +270,7 @@ dnl   Solaris seteuid doesn't change the
 dnl     multiuser screen sessions
 AC_CHECKING(seteuid)
 AC_TRY_LINK(,[
-#if defined(linux) || defined(NeXT) || defined(_AUX_SOURCE) || defined(AUX) || defined(ultrix) || (defined(sun) && defined(SVR4)) || defined(ISC) || defined(sony_news)
+#if defined(linux) || defined(NeXT) || defined(_AUX_SOURCE) || defined(AUX) || defined(ultrix) || (defined(sun) && defined(SVR4)) || defined(ISC) || defined(sony_news) || defined (__CYGWIN__)
 seteuid_is_broken(0);
 #else
 seteuid(0);
@@ -865,7 +865,7 @@ fi

 if test -z "$load" ; then
 AC_EGREP_CPP(yes,
-[#if defined(NeXT) || defined(apollo) || defined(linux)
+[#if defined(NeXT) || defined(apollo) || defined(linux) || defined (__CYGWIN__)
   yes;
 #endif
 ], load=1)
diff -u -p -r orig/screen-3.9.13/loadav.c ./loadav.c
--- orig/screen-3.9.13/loadav.c	2002-01-08 10:43:43.000000000 -0500
+++ ./loadav.c	2002-09-09 16:39:27.000000000 -0400
@@ -56,7 +56,7 @@ static int loadok;

 /***************************************************************/

-#if defined(linux) && !defined(LOADAV_DONE)
+#if (defined(linux) || defined (__CYGWIN__)) && !defined(LOADAV_DONE)
 #define LOADAV_DONE
 /*
  * This is the easy way. It relies in /proc being mounted.
@@ -110,7 +110,7 @@ GetLoadav()
     }
   return i;
 }
-#endif /* linux */
+#endif /* linux || __CYGWIN__ */

 /***************************************************************/

diff -u -p -r orig/screen-3.9.13/misc.c ./misc.c
--- orig/screen-3.9.13/misc.c	2002-08-29 10:47:36.000000000 -0400
+++ ./misc.c	2002-09-09 16:39:27.000000000 -0400
@@ -638,11 +638,11 @@ char *value;
    */
 # endif /* NEEDSETENV */
 #else /* USESETENV */
-# if defined(linux) || defined(__convex__) || (BSD >= 199103)
+# if defined(linux) || defined(__convex__) || (BSD >= 199103) || defined (__CYGWIN__)
   setenv(var, value, 1);
 # else
   setenv(var, value);
-# endif /* linux || convex || BSD >= 199103 */
+# endif /* linux || convex || BSD >= 199103 || __CYGWIN__ */
 #endif /* USESETENV */
 }

diff -u -p -r orig/screen-3.9.13/os.h ./os.h
--- orig/screen-3.9.13/os.h	2002-01-08 10:42:33.000000000 -0500
+++ ./os.h	2002-09-09 16:39:27.000000000 -0400
@@ -32,9 +32,9 @@
 # define hpux
 #endif

-#if defined(__bsdi__) || defined(__386BSD__) || defined(_CX_UX) || defined(hpux) || defined(_IBMR2) || defined(linux)
+#if defined(__bsdi__) || defined(__386BSD__) || defined(_CX_UX) || defined(hpux) || defined(_IBMR2) || defined(linux) || defined (__CYGWIN__)
 # include <signal.h>
-#endif /* __bsdi__ || __386BSD__ || _CX_UX || hpux || _IBMR2 || linux */
+#endif /* __bsdi__ || __386BSD__ || _CX_UX || hpux || _IBMR2 || linux || __CYGWIN__ */

 #ifdef ISC
 # ifdef ENAMETOOLONG
@@ -260,7 +260,7 @@ extern int errno;
 #endif

 #if defined(UTMPOK) || defined(BUGGYGETLOGIN)
-# if defined(SVR4) && !defined(DGUX) && !defined(__hpux) && !defined(linux)
+# if defined(SVR4) && !defined(DGUX) && !defined(__hpux) && !defined(linux) && !defined (__CYGWIN__)
 #  include <utmpx.h>
 #  define UTMPFILE	UTMPX_FILE
 #  define utmp		utmpx
@@ -411,7 +411,7 @@ extern int errno;
 #endif

 /* Geeeee, reverse it? */
-#if defined(SVR4) || (defined(SYSV) && defined(ISC)) || defined(_AIX) || defined(linux) || defined(ultrix) || defined(__386BSD__) || defined(__bsdi__) || defined(POSIX) || defined(NeXT)
+#if defined(SVR4) || (defined(SYSV) && defined(ISC)) || defined(_AIX) || defined(linux) || defined(ultrix) || defined(__386BSD__) || defined(__bsdi__) || defined(POSIX) || defined(NeXT) || defined (__CYGWIN__)
 # define SIGHASARG
 #endif

diff -u -p -r orig/screen-3.9.13/osdef.sh ./osdef.sh
--- orig/screen-3.9.13/osdef.sh	2001-06-18 13:08:15.000000000 -0400
+++ ./osdef.sh	2002-09-09 16:39:27.000000000 -0400
@@ -24,7 +24,7 @@ cat << EOF > osdef0.c
 #ifndef sun
 #include <sys/ioctl.h>
 #endif
-#ifdef linux
+#if defined(linux) || defined (__CYGWIN__)
 #include <string.h>
 #include <stdlib.h>
 #endif
diff -u -p -r orig/screen-3.9.13/pty.c ./pty.c
--- orig/screen-3.9.13/pty.c	2002-02-11 07:44:18.000000000 -0500
+++ ./pty.c	2002-09-09 16:39:27.000000000 -0400
@@ -37,7 +37,7 @@ RCS_ID("$Id: pty.c,v 1.6 1994/05/31 12:3
 #endif

 /* for solaris 2.1, Unixware (SVR4.2) and possibly others */
-#ifdef HAVE_SVR4_PTYS
+#if defined(HAVE_SVR4_PTYS) && !defined(__CYGWIN__)
 # include <sys/stropts.h>
 #endif

@@ -126,7 +126,7 @@ int f;
 {
   if (f < 0)
     return;
-#if defined(I_PUSH) && defined(HAVE_SVR4_PTYS) && !defined(sgi) && !defined(linux) && !defined(__osf__) && !defined(M_UNIX)
+#if defined(I_PUSH) && defined(HAVE_SVR4_PTYS) && !defined(sgi) && !defined(linux) && !defined(__osf__) && !defined(M_UNIX) && !defined (__CYGWIN__)
   if (ioctl(f, I_PUSH, "ptem"))
     Panic(errno, "InitPTY: cannot I_PUSH ptem");
   if (ioctl(f, I_PUSH, "ldterm"))
@@ -244,13 +244,13 @@ char **ttyn;
   register int f;
   char *m, *ptsname();
   int unlockpt __P((int)), grantpt __P((int));
-#if defined(HAVE_GETPT) && defined(linux)
+#if defined(HAVE_GETPT) && (defined(linux) || defined (__CYGWIN__))
   int getpt __P((void));
 #endif
   sigret_t (*sigcld)__P(SIGPROTOARG);

   strcpy(PtyName, "/dev/ptmx");
-#if defined(HAVE_GETPT) && defined(linux)
+#if defined(HAVE_GETPT) && (defined(linux) || defined (__CYGWIN__))
   if ((f = getpt()) == -1)
 #else
   if ((f = open(PtyName, O_RDWR | O_NOCTTY)) == -1)
diff -u -p -r orig/screen-3.9.13/screen.c ./screen.c
--- orig/screen-3.9.13/screen.c	2002-08-29 06:14:20.000000000 -0400
+++ ./screen.c	2002-09-09 17:53:28.000000000 -0400
@@ -984,8 +984,10 @@ char **av;
 	      n = (eff_uid == 0 && (real_uid || (st.st_mode & 0775) != 0775)) ? 0755 :
 	          (eff_gid == st.st_gid && eff_gid != real_gid) ? 0775 :
 		  0777;
+#if !defined(__CYGWIN__)
 	      if ((st.st_mode & 0777) != n)
 		Panic(0, "Directory '%s' must have mode %03o.", SockDir, n);
+#endif
 	    }
 	  sprintf(SockPath, "%s/S-%s", SockDir, LoginName);
 	  if (access(SockPath, F_OK))
@@ -1015,8 +1017,10 @@ char **av;
       if (st.st_uid != real_uid)
 	Panic(0, "You are not the owner of %s.", SockPath);
     }
+#if !defined(__CYGWIN__)
   if ((st.st_mode & 0777) != 0700)
     Panic(0, "Directory %s must have mode 700.", SockPath);
+#endif
   if (SockMatch && index(SockMatch, '/'))
     Panic(0, "Bad session name '%s'", SockMatch);
   SockName = SockPath + strlen(SockPath) + 1;
diff -u -p -r orig/screen-3.9.13/utmp.c ./utmp.c
--- orig/screen-3.9.13/utmp.c	2002-08-22 15:26:34.000000000 -0400
+++ ./utmp.c	2002-09-09 16:39:27.000000000 -0400
@@ -93,7 +93,7 @@ static void endutent __P((void));
 static int  initutmp __P((void));
 static void setutent __P((void));
 #endif
-#if defined(linux) && defined(GETUTENT)
+#if (defined(linux) || defined (__CYGWIN__)) && defined(GETUTENT)
 static struct utmp *xpututline __P((struct utmp *utmp));
 # define pututline xpututline
 #endif
@@ -593,7 +593,7 @@ makedead(u)
 struct utmp *u;
 {
   u->ut_type = DEAD_PROCESS;
-#if !defined(linux) || defined(EMPTY)
+#if (!defined(linux) && !defined (__CYGWIN__)) || defined(EMPTY)
   u->ut_exit.e_termination = 0;
   u->ut_exit.e_exit = 0;
 #endif
@@ -611,7 +611,7 @@ int pid;
   u->ut_type = USER_PROCESS;
   strncpy(u->ut_user, user, sizeof(u->ut_user));
   /* Now the tricky part... guess ut_id */
-#if defined(sgi) || defined(linux)
+#if defined(sgi) || defined(linux) || defined (__CYGWIN__)
   strncpy(u->ut_id, line + 3, sizeof(u->ut_id));
 #else /* sgi */
 # ifdef _IBMR2
@@ -862,7 +862,7 @@ getlogin()
 }
 # endif /* BUGGYGETLOGIN */

-#if defined(linux) && defined(GETUTENT)
+#if (defined(linux) || defined (__CYGWIN__)) && defined(GETUTENT)
 # undef pututline

 /* aargh, linux' pututline returns void! */

* screen
@ 2003-04-12  0:43 Cant
From: Cant @ 2003-04-12  0:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

just for fun i thought i would try and install screen... but for some reason
when i go to make it, it says this:

$ make
CPP="gcc -E " srcdir=. sh ./osdef.sh
AWK=gawk CC="gcc -g -O2" srcdir=. sh ./comm.sh
AWK=gawk srcdir=. sh ./term.sh
gcc -c -I. -I.    -g -O2 screen.c
gcc -c -I. -I.    -g -O2 ansi.c
gcc -c -I. -I.    -g -O2 fileio.c
gcc -c -I. -I.    -g -O2 mark.c
gcc -c -I. -I.    -g -O2 misc.c
misc.c: In function `xsetenv':
misc.c:648: too few arguments to function `setenv'
make: *** [misc.o] Error 1
$

any thoughts..?

brian AT nkjo DOT torun DOT pOlAND
You got questions? We got busy phones...

* Screen
@ 1998-10-04 15:45 cv23iuy
From: cv23iuy @ 1998-10-04 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: egcs

 SUBLIMINALLY ENTICE ANY WOMAN TO BE YOURS!
              GUARANTEED.

We know you may be skeptical, but if you're not totally
satisfied with your sex life and who you're dating you owe
it to yourself to visit our web site (your choice of
ENGLISH or ESPANOL) at http://208.166.10.22/ and learn
how the power of subliminal mind control can change your
life. It is simply a fact that sexual impulses can be
awakened and greatly intensified by using subliminal
commands. We guarantee it!

But, most subliminal enticement tapes don't work. Confused?
Take 1 minute, go to  http://208.166.10.22/ and read the
section entitled "THE NUMBER 1 REASON OUR TAPES WORK
AND THEIRS DON'T!" to find out why.  If nothing else,
you'll get a good laugh at how downright silly some other
tapes are.

  EVERYTHING (AND WE MEAN EVERYTHING!) TO GAIN
              AND NOTHING TO LOSE!

We're so sure that OUR tapes work that every one comes with
a 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE!

Now that you know about the hottest tapes on the Internet, you
have no excuse not to be successful with any woman you choose.
If you don't get the facts, you are cheating yourself out of
HAPPINESS, ROMANCE, GREAT SEX and the TIME OF YOUR LIFE!

Click here http://208.166.10.22/

Millennium Creations, LLC
520 Washington Blvd., Suite 287
Marina Del Rey, Ca. 90292
310-281-6737

To be remove from future mailings, reply to:
inside2000@AILJ0BAJLJI0D.NET with remove in the subject.
Please understand that our system has filters and any
files larger than 2K, foul language, multiple emails
and/or attachments within the email will automatically
delete your email without removal from our database.
Thank you.

-