On 05.03.2019 17:07, E. Madison Bray wrote: > On Sun, Mar 3, 2019 at 11:07 AM LRN wrote: >> >> Looking at cygwin glib source package, i see a lot of downstream patches >> applied to glib over the years (there are no dates, but the versions range from >> 2.34.3 to 2.50 - that might be as early as 2012 and as late as 2017) to make it >> work correctly on cygwin. >> >> Why are these not upstream (considering the fact that glib does have some >> cygwin-specific code - clearly it's not because glib doesn't *want* cygwin >> compatibility)? >> > but in > this case I would suggest that, if you care enough to do it, you > should offer to upstream that they accept some/all of those patches, > as in most cases they may not even be aware it exists. My guess is > that whoever is maintaining the glib package for Cygwin That would probably be Yaakov Selkowitz[0]. > either doesn't > know glib well enough to be able to advocate effectively for those > patches, or doesn't care enough to. > > If they're clean, worthwhile patches then I absolutely think you > should get them integrated upstream if at all possible--that's almost > always preferable. Okay, i'll see what i can do. [0]: https://github.com/cygwinports/glib2.0/commits/master