From: Shankar Unni <shankar@cotagesoft.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Distribute gcc minus gcj? (was Re: Questions about Cygwin's "jar" command)
Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 18:59:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Larry Hall wrote:

 > David M. Karr wrote:
>> It doesn't appear to be in a separate Cygwin package, so I guess I
>> can't use Cygwin setup to "uninstall" it.
> Right, unless you don't want gcc, which is the package it comes with.

Is there any way we can persuade cgf to build the gcc distribution
without "jar.exe" (i.e. exclude gcj, which is still a pretty immature
component of the family)?

Not that this is terribly bothersome (I just put the Sun Java SDK in
front of cygwin in my $PATH), but I wonder how many people actually use
gcj for their real(TM) work (vs the Sun JDK).. (I suspect the number's
still vanishingly small, and those who do are quite capable of building
their own distribution anyway).
--
Shankar.