* Re: system() refuses to work!!! HELP
       [not found] <E1A9czu-00067Y-00@quimby.gnus.org>
@ 2003-10-15  5:50 ` Andrew DeFaria
From: Andrew DeFaria @ 2003-10-15  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Moises D. Deangelo wrote:

> Yes.
>
> When entering with the command ls -l /bin/sh.exe, the appeared following:
>
> -rwxr-x---+ 1 Diego Usuários 83456 Aug 11 10:45 /bin/sh.exe
>

> And now? what Do I do? Does that mean something? How I said, or the
> command system() works, or I learn to activate speaker through cygwin.
> In ultimo case, whether someone knows how to execute a .WAV or .MP3
> and can explain am thankful.

You could try system("/bin/cat <file>.wav > /dev/dsp"). Note that this
does not handle mp3's just wav's.

(Note that /bin/cat will probably not work for a Turbo C program because
/bin/cat is a Posix path. You might need to do something more like
system("C:\Cygwin\bin\bash -c '/bin/cat <file>.wav > /dev/dsp'"). Also
note that you need to subsititute a real wav file name for <file>.wav).

* RE: system() refuses to work!!! HELP
@ 2003-10-15 15:09   ` Igor Pechtchanski
From: Igor Pechtchanski @ 2003-10-15 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Chris January wrote:

> > It did not work. Will it be that I found a bug??? How much luck I
> > have.. :-)
> > It follows the source. that program does not do anything of
> > important! It is
> > alone a test.
> >
> > what we most can do?
> >
> > I changed the command for "DIR" who list the directories of the
> > windows just
> > to facilitate the comprehension and so that it to do not are
> > necessary to do
> > an upload of sound.exe. Try, with that program execute some other
> > command!
> > Here, already tried of everything, and anything (not) worked.

> > #include <stdlib.h>
> > #include <math.h>
> > #include <stdio.h>
> >
> > main()
> > {
> > int a,b,c,d,e,f,g,h,j;
> >
> > FILE *stream;
> >
> > printf("Programa Gerador de Resultados para Teste:");
> > printf("\n\nEntre com as Faixas");
> > printf("\nNumero a ser comparado: ");scanf("%d",&c);
> > printf("\n....................De: ");scanf("%d",&a);
> > printf("\n.....................A: ");scanf("%d",&b);
> >
> > d = c;
> > f = a;
> > g = b;
> >
> > j = 1;
> >
> > while(g <= c){
> >      e = f * g;
> >      h = d - e;
> >      if((stream = fopen("dtr1.txt", "at")) != NULL){
> >                 fprintf(stream,"\n %d * %d = %d -r = %d",f,g,e,h);
> >      }
> >      fflush(stdout);
> >      fclose(stream);
> >      if(j >= c){
> >           f = a;
> >           j = 0;
> >           g++;
> >           printf("\nF: %d\tG %d:",f,g);
> >           fflush(stdout);
> >      }
> >      f++;
> >      j++;
> > }
> >
> > if((system("dir")) == 0){
> >      printf("\n\nComando executado com sucesso");
> > }
> > else{
> >      printf("\n\ncomando falhou");
> > }
> >
> > }
>
> This program will not work. There is no program called 'dir' in Windows. You
> probably want something like 'cmd /c dir'.
>
> Chris

Ah, but there is a "dir.exe" in fileutils on Cygwin.  IOW, the following
worked for me:

$ cat > moises.c
#include <stdlib.h>
main() {
  system("dir");
}
$ make moises
gcc     moises.c   -o moises
$ ./moises
moises.c  moises.exe
$

At a guess, the OP is not using gcc or Cygwin at all.  If so, the question
is off-topic for this list.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha@cs.nyu.edu

* RE: system() refuses to work!!! HELP
       [not found] <E1A9eYj-0000oV-00@m1.dnsix.com>
@ 2003-10-15  9:10 ` Chris January
From: Chris January @ 2003-10-15  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin@Cygwin.Com

@ 2003-10-15  7:46 Moises D. Deangelo
From: Moises D. Deangelo @ 2003-10-15  7:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

It did not work. I do not manage to understand what happens of wrong.

@ 2003-10-15  6:34 Moises D. Deangelo
From: Moises D. Deangelo @ 2003-10-15  6:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

       [not found] <200310150410.h9F4AXM31666@mx1.redhat.com>
@ 2003-10-15  5:21 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-10-15  5:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

@ 2003-10-15  4:25 Moises D. Deangelo
From: Moises D. Deangelo @ 2003-10-15  4:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Yes.

When entering with the command ls -l /bin/sh.exe, the appeared following:

-rwxr-x---+ 1 Diego  Usuários  83456 Aug 11 10:45 /bin/sh.exe

And now? what Do I do? Does that mean something? How I said, or the command
system() works, or I learn to activate speaker through cygwin. In ultimo
case, whether someone knows how to execute a .WAV or .MP3 and can explain am
thankful.

The important is that my program of a sonorous warning when I need.

Thanks.

As usual, apologizing me for bad English.

Moises Deangelo.
Brazil.

       [not found] <200310150050.h9F0ogM22662@mx1.redhat.com>
@ 2003-10-15  2:38 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2003-10-15  2:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Tue, Oct 14, 2003 at 10:50:35PM -0200, Moises D. Deangelo wrote:
>Hi Personal.
>
>Please, my program keep working for several and several hours.
>I want when he finish, which he warns me. To do not complicate my work wish
>to activate speaker, but I do not have been having success.
>
>I use platform w2k, and clear, cygwin.
>
>As I do not manage to activate speaker by cygwin, tried by the Turbo C.
>
>But my program is done in cygwin, and it does not run in TC. I tried to
>place in the source of my program
>system(sound.exe).
>
>Sound.exe is developed in TC and would be the program that activates
>speaker.
>
>This way, when my program finished, he would call that other program
>sound.exe that then it would activate speaker.
>
>But system() refuses to work.
>
>Summarizing. Or I activate speaker using cygwin, or I manage to do cygwin
>call a program that can activate.
>
>Can anybody help?
>
>Apologize me for my badly English.

Do you have the file /bin/sh.exe on your system?

ls -l /bin/sh.exe

would tell you.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.

[...]