On 5/15/17 2:19 PM, Eric Blake wrote: >> git checkout readline-7.0-alpha >> >> for the first bad commit, I found that the change to the "rl_insert" >> function in >> "text.c" breaks pasting and Alt codes with "chcp.com 65001". Can you >> work with >> this? >> >> http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/readline.git/tree/text.c?h=readline-7.0-alpha#n891 > > It's code I'm not familiar with, so I'm adding upstream bug-bash in the > hopes that Chet might have an answer to why this code was changed, and > if he is aware that the change may have broken things on Cygwin. It was inspired by the discussion starting with http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/bug-readline/2015-05/msg00007.html The idea is to optimize pasted input using the assumption that it will be mostly composed of characters that map to self-insert, and you can batch read those characters and perform one display update. The way to test whether or not a character will be inserted into the editing buffer is to see whether or not it maps directly to self-insert. If that's the problem, there will have to be a cygwin-specific fix; it works elsewhere. -- ``The lyf so short, the craft so long to lerne.'' - Chaucer ``Ars longa, vita brevis'' - Hippocrates Chet Ramey, UTech, CWRU chet@case.edu http://cnswww.cns.cwru.edu/~chet/