On 2018-06-26 04:33, john doe wrote: > In gnupg2 the use of dirmngr utility is required to interact with a keyserver. > Dirmngr requires that '/etc/resolv.conf' be populated with my name servers. > That means that everytime the dns changes (new network ...) I need to manually > edit that file. > How can I let Cygwin update that file whenever the DNS is changed? Attached an awk script to generate resolv.conf from Windows ipconfig /all output, run from .cygwin_profile (sourced under Cygwin from login .bash_profile) using the stanza below: it only replaces an existing writable /etc/resolv.conf when the content changes - touch, chown, chmod /etc/resolv.conf to enable. # update /etc/resolv.conf if changed c=/etc/resolv.conf test -w $c && \ i=$(/usr/bin/which -- ipconfig) && \ r=$(/usr/bin/which -- resolv.awk) && \ t=$(/bin/mktemp -t -- resolv.conf.$$.XXXXXXXX) && \ if $i /all | $r > $t; then /usr/bin/cmp -s -- $t $c || \ /bin/cp -fv -- $t $c /bin/rm -f -- $t fi unset c i r t This could be used in a bash script run from a Windows scheduled task when a relevant DHCP event occurs: you can find DHCP events by checking Windows Admin Tools/Event Viewer/Window Logs/System/Filter Current Log/Event Sources/Dhcp-Client,DHCPv6-Client, or a similar PowerShell script. -- Take care. Thanks, Brian Inglis, Calgary, Alberta, Canada