public inbox for cygwin@cygwin.com
From: Thomas Wolff <towo@towo.net>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Issue displaying characters on interactive commands
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2018 12:14:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Am 20.04.2018 um 13:24 schrieb Peter Dilov via cygwin:
> If i run 'aptitude' command when i try to exit the command i get this
> strange exit window like in the screenshot:
>
> https://i.imgur.com/oxGntcr.png
>
> I also have noticed this problem with other interactive commands like
> 'ncdu'. I am using Cygwin on Windows 7 x64.
aptitude is not a cygwin package. For a useful bug report, you should at
least describe which software you actually run, and how you start it.
Given the symptoms I doubt you even run from a cygwin environment. Maybe
it's something bundled with the cygwin library in which case you should
direct the bug report to the publisher of the software.