On 3/10/21 6:20 PM, Marki wrote: > Only then I showed that the same is not true for rsync. When I input a > password, it will get echoed and also rsync will not process it, since > standard input somehow goes elsewhere. If I had to guess, it's probably the same as the problems I was seeing with gpg-agent not being able to capture the tty correctly to prompt for the password. I never had a problem with the ssh agent though. Unfortunately I do not have a good solution for it, as it seems to happen only to some people some time on some systems. After fighting with it for an afternoon, I simply wrote a pinentry program with my password hardcoded into it. Yay for security. The hack is here for reference (DO NOT USE ON PUBLIC PRODUCTION MACHINES!) -> https://x.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2019-01/msg00178.html I recheck the stock program every few months, and this problem still exists. -- David Dombrowsky | Chief Software Engineer 6th Street Radio LLC | 6thstreetradio.org | 518-374-3204 https://www.linkedin.com/in/david-dombrowsky-94334415 VHVlIE1hciAgOSAwMjoxMzowMiBFU1QgMjAyMQo=