On 05/27/2016 05:11 PM, Alain Kalker wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm trying to setup Pulseaudio for use with Speech Dispatcher. When I > test using paplay, I get a "Connection failure: Connection refused" > error and no sound on the first try, subsequent tries produce sound > with no errors. > > Steps to reproduce: > > - In a minimal Cygwin64 installation, install pulseaudio package using > setup-x86_64.exe. Make no changes whatsoever to > /etc/pulse/daemon.conf etc. > > - In Cygwin64 Terminal, run `paplay > /cygdrive/c/Windows/Media/tada.wav` a few times, in quick > succession. Check that all these runs produce sound, without errors. > > My results: > > - pulseaudio installed without errors. > > - Output: > $ paplay /cygdrive/c/Windows/Media/tada.wav > W: [(null)] caps.c: Normally all extra capabilities would be dropped > now, but that's impossible because PulseAudio was built without > capabilities support. > Connection failure: Connection refused > pa_context_connect() failed: Connection refused > $ paplay /cygdrive/c/Windows/Media/tada.wav > W: [(null)] caps.c: Normally all extra capabilities would be dropped > now, but that's impossible because PulseAudio was built without > capabilities support. > $ paplay /cygdrive/c/Windows/Media/tada.wav > > Note: Only the last 2 runs produced sound. > > My questions: Could the error indicate that there is some kind of > timing problem with autospawning pulseaudio? Can it be fixed in Cygwin > or is it an upstream issue? Could it have any negative impact on other > software? Should I disable autospawning of pulseaudio for now and > start it manually? Why the warnings on the first and secund runs of > paplay? For some unknown reason, my cygcheck.out contained a duplicate path entry, and other duplicate lines. After I exited and restarted Cygwin64 Shell, the duplicates are gone, but the Pulseaudio problem remains. I'm attaching new cygcheck.out without the duplicates. > > Kind regards, > > Alain