* Can globbing be disabled from MS-DOS?
@ 1997-10-17 11:41 Parker, Ron
From: Parker, Ron @ 1997-10-17 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I need to call sed from the MS-DOS command line and be able to pass
the regular expression ".*" without having it globbed. Is there a way
to do this?

Please, no "use Bash" responses. I use bash but many of my coworkers
do not have it on their machines.

[-- Attachment #2: bin00000.bin --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.ms-tnef, Size: 2814 bytes --]

* Re: Can globbing be disabled from MS-DOS?
@ 1997-11-03  5:31 Michael A. Chase
From: Michael A. Chase @ 1997-11-03  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Parker, Ron, gnu-win32

File name expansion (globbing) under MSDOS is handled inside each
individual program.  As such a '.*' inside a sed expressions should not
be visible to the globbing routines.

Can you send an example where '.*' is getting expanded when you don't
want it to?

Mac :})

-