On 08/01/2017 01:54 PM, Achim Gratz wrote: > Steven Penny writes: >> Could you link to Davids post? I do not see it for this month or July, and I >> dont seem to have trouble with numlock on or off, even with July 31 version. > > She can't, this was a discussion on IRC. The gist of the conversation and today's patch: when numlock is on, 'alt-5' behaves as expected; but when numlock is off, 'alt-5' was generating two keypresses at once (the escape sequence for ALT+keypad5 as on Linux when you release keypad5, AND the windows behavior of injecting a codepoint after releasing alt). Corinna's patch means you can no longer bind alt-keypad5 to do something magic (this is because the cmd behavior is that alt-keypad sequences work regardless of numlock state); but doesn't stop you from binding ctrl-keypad5 or shift-keypad5. Yes, it means one place where cygwin can't completely emulate Linux; but the thought on IRC was that more users are probably familiar with windows alt-sequence codepoint generation than they are with Linux alt-keypress bindings, and that less than 1% of the population would even notice the difference. -- Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer Red Hat, Inc. +1-919-301-3266 Virtualization: qemu.org | libvirt.org