On 11/27/2016 9:03 AM, Girish Joglekar wrote: > Hi Ken, > Thank you for your reply on the Cygwin mailing list. I have created a > slightly smaller test example smaller than what I had created in Feb. > Attached is a tar file. After make insall if you run TEST.x and click > the Open button, it gives segmentation fault. > Hope you will be able to help. > Thank you. > Girish Please keep the discussion on the mailing list so that people who might be able to help will see it. I personally am not familiar with X11 programming, so I'm not one of those people. I do have a few comments, however: 1. This may be slightly smaller than your previous program, but it is still *very* far from a small test case. You really can't expect people to debug a program of this size for you. 2. I suggest that you build with -Wall (as Marco already suggested in the earlier discussion) and fix all the compiler warnings. I saw several that need attention (aside from the many "unused variable" warnings). It wouldn't hurt to also use -Wextra. 3. I also suggest that you use gdb to find out where the program is crashing and why. You made a start on that in the discussion last March, but you didn't follow through. (By the way, I recommend building without optimization; otherwise you may not be able to get accurate information about the crash from gdb.) 4. If, after the steps above, you still think the crash is due to a Cygwin bug rather than a programming error, then try to extract from your program a test case as small as possible that reproduces the crash. Ken