* Correct? (Cygwin 2.0)
@ 2015-04-11 13:25 Houder
From: Houder @ 2015-04-11 13:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Corinna,

Reference: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-04/msg00201.html
 - [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1

Sorry, Corinna, but I have to ask: will this be the correct behaviour of Cygwin
from now on? ... because I am very much surprised ...

Is there anything I can do (settings directory?) ... to "improve" on what I am
experiencing now?

I create a file (called aap), do not modify its properties (chmod), and then it
turns out that the properties have changed ... Surprise!

Regards,

Henri

 - reinstalled Cygwin, selected Cygwin 2.0
 - using an UNelevated bash shell
 - touch aap
 - chmod -x aap # afterwards the write-bit turns out to be set for group None!
 - chmod -w aap # does not help! (no modification)

%% uname -a
CYGWIN_NT-6.1-WOW Seven 2.0.0(0.287/5/3) 2015-04-10 20:51 i686 Cygwin
%% umask
0022
%% pwd
/home/Henri
%% icacls.sh .
E:/Cygwin-test/home/Henri/
   NULL SID                           (DENY)(Rc,S,REA,X,DC)
   Seven\Henri                        (F)
   Seven\None                         (RX)
   Everyone                           (RX)
   NULL SID                           (OI)(CI)(IO)(DENY)(Rc,S,REA,X,DC)
   CREATOR OWNER                      (OI)(CI)(IO)(F)
   CREATOR GROUP                      (OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
   Everyone                           (OI)(CI)(IO)(RX)
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

#
%% touch aap
%% ls -l aap
-rw-r--r-- 1 Henri None 0 Apr 11 14:36 aap
%% icacls.sh aap
E:/Cygwin-test/home/Henri/aap
   NULL SID                           (DENY)(Rc,S,X,DC)
   Seven\Henri                        (R,W,D,WDAC,WO)
   Seven\None                         (DENY)(S,X)
   Seven\None                         (RX)
   Everyone                           (R)
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
%% ls-facl.sh aap
   Owner: Seven\Henri
   Group: Seven\None
   DACL(protected):
   NULL SID                           FILE_TRAVERSE+FILE_DELETE_CHILD+READ_CONTROL
                                                                         deny      no_inheritance
   Seven\Henri                        write+read+WRITE_OWNER+WRITE_DAC+DELETE
                                                                         allow     no_inheritance
   Seven\None                         FILE_TRAVERSE                      deny      no_inheritance
   Seven\None                         read_execute                       allow     no_inheritance
   Everyone                           read                               allow     no_inheritance
SetACL finished successfully.

#
%% chmod -x aap
%% ls -l aap
-rw-rw-r-- 1 Henri None 0 Apr 11 14:36 aap                              # Huh?
%% icacls.sh aap
E:/Cygwin-test/home/Henri/aap
   NULL SID                           (DENY)(Rc,S,WEA,X,DC)             # extended write attributes?
   Seven\Henri                        (R,W,D,WDAC,WO)
   Seven\None                         (DENY)(S,X)
   Seven\None                         (RX)
   Everyone                           (R)
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
%% ls-facl.sh aap
E:/Cygwin-test/home/Henri/aap
   Owner: Seven\Henri
   Group: Seven\None
   DACL(protected):
   NULL SID                           FILE_WRITE_EA+FILE_TRAVERSE+FILE_DELETE_CHILD+READ_CONTROL
                                                                         deny      no_inheritance
   Seven\Henri                        write+read+WRITE_OWNER+WRITE_DAC+DELETE
                                                                         allow     no_inheritance
   Seven\None                         FILE_TRAVERSE                      deny      no_inheritance
   Seven\None                         read_execute                       allow     no_inheritance
   Everyone                           read                               allow     no_inheritance
SetACL finished successfully.

#
%% chmod g-w aap
%% icacls.sh aap
E:/Cygwin-test/home/Henri/aap
   NULL SID                           (DENY)(Rc,S,WEA,X,DC)
   Seven\Henri                        (R,W,D,WDAC,WO)
   Seven\None                         (DENY)(S,X)
   Seven\None                         (RX)
   Everyone                           (R)
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files
%% ls-facl.sh aap
E:/Cygwin-test/home/Henri/aap
   Owner: Seven\Henri
   Group: Seven\None
   DACL(protected):
   NULL SID                           FILE_WRITE_EA+FILE_TRAVERSE+FILE_DELETE_CHILD+READ_CONTROL
                                                                         deny      no_inheritance
   Seven\Henri                        write+read+WRITE_OWNER+WRITE_DAC+DELETE
                                                                         allow     no_inheritance
   Seven\None                         FILE_TRAVERSE                      deny      no_inheritance
   Seven\None                         read_execute                       allow     no_inheritance
   Everyone                           read                               allow     no_inheritance
SetACL finished successfully.

=====

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1
@ 2015-04-11 14:52 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2015-04-11 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi Henri,

On Apr 11 15:25, Houder wrote:
> Hi Corinna,
>
> Reference: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-04/msg00201.html
>  - [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1

I really appreciate bug reports, but, please, try to keep the threading
intact.  Please reply to mails rather than creating new threads which
have no connection to the original threads.  Or if so, at least set the
"In-Reply-To:" Header field correctly.

By additionally changing the subject you're making searching the
archives unnecessarily hard for others.  I changed the subject back.

> Sorry, Corinna, but I have to ask: will this be the correct behaviour of Cygwin
> from now on? ... because I am very much surprised ...

It's what we haxxers call "a bug".  I made a typo in another function,
copy-pasted the code over to the chmod function, fixed it in the
original function and then forgot to fix it in chmod.

Btw., the output from SetACL isn't that helpful, because it doesn't
add information to what icacls already delivers.  What I'd be more
interested in is the output of our own getfacl in conjunction with
icacls.  It allows me to see the POSIX ACL the internal ACL reading
routine created from the Windows ACL.

I just uploaded a new test release 2.0.0-0.2.  It's supposed to fix
this bug.  Give it a bit of time to hit the mirrors.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1
@ 2015-04-11 16:47   ` Houder
From: Houder @ 2015-04-11 16:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

>> Reference: https://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2015-04/msg00201.html
>>  - [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1
>
> I really appreciate bug reports, but, please, try to keep the threading
> intact.  Please reply to mails rather than creating new threads which
> have no connection to the original threads.  Or if so, at least set the
> "In-Reply-To:" Header field correctly.

:-) ... I understand ... my problem is, that I am usually NOT subscribed
to the (any) list, and that I process all my e-mail using webmail, and as
far as I aware of, it does not provide the "In-Reply-To" feature.

As a result of that, my "first" e-mail will be "out-of-line". Sigh.

[snip]

> Btw., the output from SetACL isn't that helpful, because it doesn't
> add information to what icacls already delivers.  What I'd be more
> interested in is the output of our own getfacl in conjunction with
> icacls.  It allows me to see the POSIX ACL the internal ACL reading
> routine created from the Windows ACL.

:-) Will do!

Regards,

Henri

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1
@ 2015-04-11 17:28     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2015-04-11 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Houder writes:
> :-) ... I understand ... my problem is, that I am usually NOT subscribed
> to the (any) list, and that I process all my e-mail using webmail, and as
> far as I aware of, it does not provide the "In-Reply-To" feature.

You can post via Gmane rather than the webmailer.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] TEST RELEASE: Cygwin 2.0.0-1
@ 2015-04-12  7:54   ` Houder
From: Houder @ 2015-04-12  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> It's what we haxxers call "a bug".  I made a typo in another function,
> copy-pasted the code over to the chmod function, fixed it in the
> original function and then forgot to fix it in chmod.

[snip]

> I just uploaded a new test release 2.0.0-0.2.  It's supposed to fix
> this bug.  Give it a bit of time to hit the mirrors.

... wait ... more waiting ...

Confirmed. This bug has gone. (you knew where to look for it, did you
not? :-)

Many thanks for all your hard work!

Regards,

Henri