On 01/31/2017 09:32 AM, Corinna Vinschen wrote: > This has nothing to do with Windows. It's the termios implementation > inside Cygwin. I created a patch introducing the IUTF8 flag as on Linux > as well as a code snippet trying to remove entire utf-8 characters from > the input if the IUTF8 flag is set. And it's set now by default since > we default to UTF-8 anyway. > > Thomas, you may want to check for the IUTF8 flag in upcoming mintty > versions and unset it if character set configured in the mintty options > dialog is != UTF-8. > > I uploaded new developer snapshots to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/ > with this patch. I'm also going to release a Cygwin test version > later today. And I will be providing a test build of coreutils (for stty) that exposes IUTF8 to the command line (to be promoted to current once the cygwin release is). dash and readline do NOT need to be rebuilt to take advantage of it (since it is the terminal, not the shell, that is handling input), although I need to rebuild readline soon because of some upstream patches that need to be folded in. -- Eric Blake eblake redhat com +1-919-301-3266 Libvirt virtualization library http://libvirt.org