* ca-certificates postinstall permission denied error
@ 2022-08-26  3:10 Shaddy Baddah
From: Shaddy Baddah @ 2022-08-26  3:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi, Getting consistent permission denied errors on postinstall of
ca-certificate. It appears to be oversight, out of a well-intentioned
attempt to protect script generated reference files. There error as it
appears in setup.log.full: 2022/08/26 11:39:07 running:
e:\cygwin-x86_64\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
"/etc/postinstall/ca-certificates.sh" /usr/bin/ln: failed to create
symbolic link
'/etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/directory-hash/ca-certificates.crt':
Permission denied /usr/bin/ln: failed to create symbolic link
'/etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/directory-hash/ca-bundle.crt':
Permission denied 2022/08/26 11:39:21 abnormal exit: exit code=1 The
directory permissions are: $ ls -ld
/etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/directory-hash/ dr-xr-xr-x 1 joebloggs
Domain Users 0 Aug 26 11:39
/etc/pki/ca-trust/extracted/pem/directory-hash/ I've experienced this on
two installs, both where I run setup exe with -B, no privelege
elevation). Both installs have had an manual manipulation of the
directory, or its parents up to /etc. -- Regards, Shaddy

* Re: ca-certificates postinstall permission denied error
@ 2022-08-29  9:36     ` Markus Hansmair
From: Markus Hansmair @ 2022-08-29  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

may I chime in...

I had the very same issue. In an enterprise environment I'm forced to do

setup --no-admin --no-desktop

Am 26.08.22 um 08:28 schrieb ASSI:
> Can you try if these patches fiy your issue (if you havent installed
> ca-certificates-letsencrypt then obviously the second one will not
> apply)?
>
> [...]

I applied this patch and can confirm that the error message has gone. I
ran the script as follows:

1. Started cmd.exe

2. set PATH=C:\<path-to-cygwin-installation>\bin;%PATH%

3. C:\<path-to-cygwin-installation>\bin\bash.exe --norc --noprofile
"/etc/postinstall/ca-certificates.sh"

Step 3 is one line and was logged by the setup program before it
reported "abnormal exit: exit code=1"

Sorry, I cannot tell anything about ca-certificates-letsencrypt.sh as
the corresponding package has not been installed.

Kind regards

Markus Hansmair