* Creating a desktop shortcut to Cygwin emacs
@ 2024-02-22 19:44 David Karr
From: David Karr @ 2024-02-22 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Every three years or so I have to set up a new laptop, and several things
that I only do in that period I either lose the notes on it, or something
has changed that I'm not aware of.

I'm installing Cygwin on a new laptop, version 3.5.0-1.x86_64. I had 3.4.6
on the old laptop.

My desktop shortcut on the old laptop goes to:

   C:\cygwin64\bin\run2.exe --display 127.0.0.1:0.0 /usr/local/bin/emacs.xml

I tried to set this up on the new laptop, and I noticed that "run2" doesn't
exist, but "run" does. I tried just changing the command line to call "run"
instead, but that resulting command line doesn't appear to do anything. No
errors, just returns to the prompt and nothing happens.

I tried googling for this, and I found a page on the EmacsWiki, but I can't
tell if that is up to date.