* Fwd: Need help / Option -D to start sshd server
       [not found] <fc047de60805130145m6bd58961laf0759336960c71c@mail.gmail.com>
@ 2008-05-13  9:12 ` Alexandre Rapebach
From: Alexandre Rapebach @ 2008-05-13  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I encountered some problems starting the openssh server : sshd.

Why?

In the documentation of the OpenSSH server I can read this step:

(\Cygwin\usr\share\doc\Cygwin\openssh.README)

If you start sshd as daemon via cygrunsrv.exe you MUST give the

"-D" option to sshd. Otherwise the service can't get started at all.

What is the problem?

The option –D does not exist! That's the response of the cygrunsrv.exe
when called with the –D option.

(Screen copy from the cygwin bash command window): see the attachement file

Question ?

Is the option –D deprecated ?

Has it to be replaced by an other option when starting the sshd as a daemon ?

Thanks for your answers.

Ps : I'm working on a Windows 2003 Server Enterprise Edition (US)

Deers yours,

Alexandre Rapebach
a.rapebach@gmail.com

[-- Attachment #2: cygwinBashWindow.bmp --]
[-- Type: image/bmp, Size: 34646 bytes --]

* Re: Fwd: Need help / Option -D to start sshd server
@ 2008-05-13  9:24   ` René Berber
From: René Berber @ 2008-05-13  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Alexandre Rapebach wrote:

[snip]
> The option –D does not exist! That's the response of the cygrunsrv.exe
> when called with the –D option.

That parameter is for the sshd daemon, not for cygrunsrv... there's even
an example in /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/cygrunsrv.README:

cygrunsrv -I sshd -p /usr/sbin/sshd -a -D

The "-a" is for cygrunsrv meaning the following are the parameters for
the daemon, enclose in quotes if there are more than one.
--
René Berber