* Terminal copy-paste
@ 2008-07-17  0:45 r
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: r @ 2008-07-17  0:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I use cygwin from a few time, I would know if is there
a terminal that support copy and paste ( not rxvt ),
not in X windows system. The default terminal is
great for colour, fonts, geometry, cursor, but lack
the possibility to copy and paste.

* Re: Terminal copy-paste
@ 2008-07-17  0:49 ` Larry Hall (Cygwin)
From: Larry Hall (Cygwin) @ 2008-07-17  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

r wrote:
> I use cygwin from a few time, I would know if is there
> a terminal that support copy and paste ( not rxvt ),
> not in X windows system. The default terminal is
> great for colour, fonts, geometry, cursor, but lack
> the possibility to copy and paste.

Try the FAQ:

<http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.copy-and-paste>

Holliston, MA 01746

* Re: Terminal copy-paste
@ 2008-07-17  0:59 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2008-07-17  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 12:39:23AM +0000, r wrote:
>I use cygwin from a few time, I would know if is there a terminal that
>support copy and paste ( not rxvt ), not in X windows system.  The
>default terminal is great for colour, fonts, geometry, cursor, but lack
>the possibility to copy and paste.

There are freely available terminals out there that work better
that the Windows cmd:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/
http://en.poderosa.org/

I've used poderosa and it seems pretty nice.  It even claims to
support Cygwin.

cgf

* Re: Terminal copy-paste
@ 2008-07-17  5:50 ` Andrew DeFaria
From: Andrew DeFaria @ 2008-07-17  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

r wrote:
> I use cygwin from a few time, I would know if is there a terminal that
> support copy and paste ( not rxvt ),
> not in X windows system. The default terminal is  great for colour,
> fonts, geometry, cursor, but lack
> the possibility to copy and paste.
Why, sir, do you discount rxvt out of the gate? I find rxvt's copy and
paste works just find and rxvt does not require that I run a heavy X
server process. Why do you discount it as a solution?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Don't tell anyone, but duct tape is The Force. It has a dark side, and a

* Re: Terminal copy-paste
@ 2008-07-17  7:49   ` r
From: r @ 2008-07-17  7:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:

> There are freely available terminals out there that work better
> that the Windows cmd:
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/console/
> http://en.poderosa.org/
>
> I've used poderosa and it seems pretty nice.  It even claims to
> support Cygwin.
>
> cgf

I saw " console ", really great, that's what I was looking for.
Do you know how can I let cygwin start directly in " console "
instead of Windows cmd ?

* Re: Terminal copy-paste
@ 2008-07-17  8:52     ` r
From: r @ 2008-07-17  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

r <r.trev_ <at> inwind.it> writes:

> I saw " console ", really great, that's what I was looking for.
> Do you know how can I let cygwin start directly in " console "
> instead of Windows cmd ?

I solved changing cygwin link to

C:\Console\console.exe -c "/k C:\cygwin\Cygwin.bat"

great terminal " console "