* Where to find a reliable provider of CygwinX?
@ 2011-02-01 14:20 Jørgen Steensgaard
From: Jørgen Steensgaard @ 2011-02-01 14:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

After having installed a basic version of Cygwin I wanted to install X
and a few programs that depend on it.  Using one mirror I thought I was
doing well, but no program X were found.  Somehow I got the information
that xinit was needed, but that I could not obtain from the mirror. So I
found another and lo-and-behold: I got xinit, X, and Xemacs.

 From previous experience I knew that the X-server should be started
somehow, but I could not resist to call Xemacs right away.  And believe
it or not: it could not start, and complained about a missing
cygjpeg-62.dll.  So back to the provider to have a look for the package
libjpeg-62, identified by a lookup elsewhere.  But neither of the two
providers had such a package, but instead some different libjpeg-*.
After having downloaded all of these, the complaint came back again.

So: please give me some advice on where to find a provider of all
packages and preferably also some about how packages have been tested
for completeness.

Sincerely

Jørgen Steensgaard