* Automating setup - --no-verify doesn't seem to work
@ 2012-02-24 21:30 Andrew DeFaria
From: Andrew DeFaria @ 2012-02-24 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm trying to automate the setup of cygwin and I'm running setup.exe
with many additional options. All in all it's working fairly nicely but
the --no-verify doesn't seem to work. The help says that --no-verify is
"Don't verify setup.ini signatures" yet when I run it I see a lot of
"Checking MD5 for <package>". Isn't there an option to turn off this MD5
checking?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
Yes, I guess, they oughtta name a drink after you. - John Prine

* Re: Automating setup - --no-verify doesn't seem to work
@ 2012-02-25  0:48 ` Dave Korn
From: Dave Korn @ 2012-02-25  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On 24/02/2012 19:56, Andrew DeFaria wrote:
> I'm trying to automate the setup of cygwin and I'm running setup.exe
> with many additional options. All in all it's working fairly nicely but
> the --no-verify doesn't seem to work. The help says that --no-verify is
> "Don't verify setup.ini signatures" yet when I run it I see a lot of
> "Checking MD5 for <package>". Isn't there an option to turn off this MD5
> checking?

  No, those are actually two separate things.  The --no-verify option means
that setup.exe will accept any setup.ini file with any values for the md5sums
for packages, not just the official version; it doesn't stop the md5sums from
being checked, just means that a custom mirror can supply its own versions of
packages with their own md5sums, but they always get checked no matter what.

    cheers,
      DaveK