* Problems with lftp's mirror function
@ 2013-08-09  1:44 Chris Sutcliffe
From: Chris Sutcliffe @ 2013-08-09  1:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Using the current lftp in the distribution and the latest updates I've
found that lftp's mirror function hangs.  Compiling lftp 4.4.8 (didn't
try 4.4.7) has fixed the issue for me, but I wanted to provide a heads
up.

Chris

--
Chris Sutcliffe
http://emergedesktop.org

* Re: Problems with lftp's mirror function
@ 2013-08-09  6:27 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-08-09  6:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Chris Sutcliffe <ir0nh34d <at> gmail.com> writes:
> Using the current lftp in the distribution and the latest updates I've
> found that lftp's mirror function hangs.

Could you be more specific on what error it encounters?  I use lftp
mirroring fairly extensively (albeit only via HTTP proxy) and it WJFFM.

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Problems with lftp's mirror function
@ 2013-08-09 13:09   ` Chris Sutcliffe
From: Chris Sutcliffe @ 2013-08-09 13:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 9 August 2013 02:26, Achim Gratz wrote:
> Chris Sutcliffe writes:
>> Using the current lftp in the distribution and the latest updates I've
>> found that lftp's mirror function hangs.
>
> Could you be more specific on what error it encounters?  I use lftp
> mirroring fairly extensively (albeit only via HTTP proxy) and it WJFFM.

Using an sftp connection, both forward and reverse mirror caused lftp
to become completely unresponsive and the only way I could stop it was
to kill the lftp process.

Chris

--

@ 2013-08-10 11:24     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2013-08-10 11:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Chris Sutcliffe writes:
> Using an sftp connection, both forward and reverse mirror caused lftp
> to become completely unresponsive and the only way I could stop it was
> to kill the lftp process.

AH, OK.  Problems with secure connections was one the things that were
recently fixed in lftp, so it all makes perfect sense now.  :-)

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Problems with lftp's mirror function
@ 2013-08-10 12:25       ` Andrew Schulman
From: Andrew Schulman @ 2013-08-10 12:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Chris Sutcliffe writes:
> > Using an sftp connection, both forward and reverse mirror caused lftp
> > to become completely unresponsive and the only way I could stop it was
> > to kill the lftp process.
>
> AH, OK.  Problems with secure connections was one the things that were
> recently fixed in lftp, so it all makes perfect sense now.  :-)

OK, I'll go ahead and release version 4.4.8.