* Setup fails!
@ 2005-10-12 18:53 Roland Bengtsson
From: Roland Bengtsson @ 2005-10-12 18:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I tried to download the latest release of cygwin as I want to use lxr for Linux.

I run setup. choose a mirror and select to install the Devel category.
The downloading seems to go fine but after a while a dialog is shown:

"The procedure entry point getline could not be located in the dynamic link
library cygwin1.dll!"

I click ignore. Then after the installation I try to use make install for lxr.
It fails with the same error dialog as the installation.

Why does this fail?

* Re: Setup fails!
@ 2005-10-12 19:23 Eric Blake
From: Eric Blake @ 2005-10-12 19:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Roland Bengtsson, cygwin

> "The procedure entry point getline could not be located in the dynamic link
> library cygwin1.dll!"

What was the title of the popup box (in other words, which
app reported this message)?

getline() is not present in 1.5.18, only in snapshots.  Did you,
perchance, install coreutils-5.90-2, which relies on a snapshot
being installed?  We would have known that had you followed
these instructions, or at least mentioned which app was in
the popup box title.

Eric Blake