* cygwin on windows 8
@ 2011-09-25 15:43 Mike Knope
From: Mike Knope @ 2011-09-25 15:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Started playing with Cygwin on the just released Windows 8 developer
preview and got this message and it says to report it here:
2 [main] bash 3256 find_fast_cwd: WARNING: Couldn't compute FAST_CWD
pointer.

All I did was start Cygwin.bat .  It seems to run but always barfs out
that error when starting up cygwin.

Thanks,
Mike

* Re: cygwin on windows 8
@ 2011-09-29 23:11 ` Bruce
From: Bruce @ 2011-09-29 23:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I'm seeing the same thing. The only way I've gotten the error to go away is to
run this in compatibility mode for XP SP3.