From: Jorge <japreja@msn.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: recompiling gcc, make, and binutils for my cpu architecture?
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2011 13:00:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Hi all, I hope I am posting in the right location.

I would like to setup/optimize gcc, binutils, and make for my CPU architecture,
AMD K8, and rebuild.  I have installed the cygwin sources.

When I build, I get i686-pc-cygwin.

How can I make the build K8-pc-cygwin with the proper optimizations.  My CPU's
information can be obtained from
http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/K8/AMD-Sempron%203100+%20-%20SDA3100AIP3AX%20%28SDA3100AXBOX%29.html
if it is needed.

I would also like to know which order I should build in if it matters... and
also if I should get the sources from the respective tools svn site instead of
using the cygwin sources.

My OS is Windows XP SP3

Thanks in advance for your replies.
Jorge

PS, when/if I have some success with this, I am willing to rebuild and package
the entire cygwin distribution with some guidance from some experienced builders
if it will help in any way.