* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: groff-1.20.1-1
       [not found] <20080815192404.GB12901@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
@ 2010-04-19 17:42 ` Christopher Faylor
                     ` (2 more replies)
       [not found] ` <20100419173902.GA6017@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2010-04-19 17:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've made a new version of groff available for installation.  This is an
overdue refresh from ftp.gnu.org.  It is reputed to fix the problem
mentioned here:

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and click Next repeatedly.  This will update
any out-of-date packages on your computer.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at the above URL.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: groff-1.20.1-1
@ 2010-04-19 23:06   ` Andy Koppe
From: Andy Koppe @ 2010-04-19 23:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Christopher Faylor:
> I've made a new version of groff available for installation.  This is an
> overdue refresh from ftp.gnu.org.  It is reputed to fix the problem
> mentioned here:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-04/msg00745.html

It does indeed. No more funny quotes either. Thanks very much, also to
Matthias for pointing out the solution.

Andy

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: groff-1.20.1-1
@ 2010-04-20  0:23   ` Matthias Andree
From: Matthias Andree @ 2010-04-20  0:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Am 19.04.2010, 19:39 Uhr, schrieb Christopher Faylor:

> I've made a new version of groff available for installation.  This is an
> overdue refresh from ftp.gnu.org.  It is reputed to fix the problem
> mentioned here:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-04/msg00745.html

That was quick. Thanks a bunch!

--
Matthias Andree

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: groff-1.20.1-1
@ 2010-04-22  1:58   ` LiuYan 刘研
From: LiuYan 刘研 @ 2010-04-22  1:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Thanks for the quick update, '-' char in man page is displayed well now ! =)

Christopher Faylor-8 wrote:

> I've made a new version of groff available for installation.  This is an
> overdue refresh from ftp.gnu.org.  It is reputed to fix the problem
> mentioned here:
>
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2010-04/msg00745.html
>
> To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
> the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
> system.  Then, run setup and click Next repeatedly.  This will update
> any out-of-date packages on your computer.
>
>               *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
>
> If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
> at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
> Send email to the address specified there.  It will be in the format:

> If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

> Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
> starting at the above URL.
>
> --

* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: groff-1.21.1-1
       [not found] ` <20100419173902.GA6017@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
@ 2012-04-22 18:51   ` Christopher Faylor
       [not found]   ` <20120422184814.GA14593@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2012-04-22 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've made a new version of groff available for installation.  This is a
refresh from ftp.gnu.org.

To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page.  This downloads setup.exe to your
system.  Then, run setup and click Next repeatedly.  This will update
any out-of-date packages on your computer.

              *** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***

If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, please
use the automated form at:

If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:

Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this web address.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: groff-1.21.1-1
@ 2012-04-24 11:17     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-04-24 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> I've made a new version of groff available for installation.  This is a
> refresh from ftp.gnu.org.

This version produces the same errors with pfbtops that I reported some time ago
against the previous version.  I've compiled from the source package again and
all is well:

#> foreach f ( /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/*.pfb )
#>   ./src/utils/pfbtops/pfbtops.exe $f > /dev/null
#> end

Whereas the binary delivered with the package fails:

#> foreach f ( /usr/share/ghostscript/fonts/*.pfb )
#>   pfbtops $f > /dev/null
#> end
#pfbtops: first byte of packet not 0x80
#pfbtops: first byte of packet not 0x80
#...

I've configured the build with

#> ./configure --with-x --with-gnu-ld --with-libiconv-prefix --prefix=/usr

I'm not really sure what is different between the two builds, but it may have
something to do with wide char support.

Achim.

* [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: groff-1.22.2-2
       [not found]   ` <20120422184814.GA14593@ednor.casa.cgf.cx>
@ 2014-01-15  6:20     ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2014-01-15  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I've made a new version of groff available for installation.  This is a
refresh from ftp.gnu.org.  groff pretty much builds straight out of the
box.

This release contains an extra "groff-perl" package, as promised here:

So this should eliminate the dependency that pulls in perl in a base
installation.

I decided not to follow Fedora's packaging exactly since Fedora also
splits out a few more groff packages and that would have potential
dependency consequences.

Groff is a document formatting system.  Groff takes standard text and
formatting commands as input and produces formatted output.  The created
documents can be shown on a display or printed on a printer.  Groff's
formatting commands allow you to specify font type and size, bold type,
italic type, the number and size of columns on a page, and more.

Groff is available in the "Text" category under setup.exe.

* Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: groff-1.22.2-2
@ 2014-01-21 23:28       ` Steven Penny
From: Steven Penny @ 2014-01-21 23:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Wed, Jan 15, 2014 at 12:16 AM, Christopher Faylor wrote
> http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2014-01/msg00117.html
>
> So this should eliminate the dependency that pulls in perl in a base
> installation.

Thank you sir! I have now switched to Cygwin 64-bit as a result of this change!

http://github.com/svnpenn/dotfiles/commit/5f7420a