From: Patrick Jane <brentboyer@gmail.com>
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Regression with 1.7.20-1
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 17:05:00 -0000	[thread overview]

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> There's no ffmpeg in the Cygwin distro.  Is that a Cygwin or a native
> tool?  I guess the latter, in which case you may want to try the
> latest developer snapshot 2013-06-08 from http://cygwin.com/snapshots/

I am pretty sure that I am seeing the same bug with 1.7.20-1 that Steven
reports.

In my case, I have 4 bash scripts that run in parallel processes.  2 of
those scripts launch Java programs.  The bug that I see is that Ctrl-C fails
to kill the Java processes, when it used to work.  The Java command, of
course, is not built into cygwin but is the Windows program (which you can
call from cygwin).  I am running Win 7 pro 64 bit.

Being nervous about installing snapshots, I followed Steven's workaround and
just reran setup.exe, selecting for Base --> cygwin the suggested previous
version, 1.7.18-1, and installed that.  That old version works perfectly:
Ctrl-C behaves exactly as expected.

Corinna, do you know when the next prd worthy release of cygwin is likely to
come out?  Or do I need to monitor http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-announce/
every day to find out?

I note that Ctrl-C bugs seem to occur semi-regularly with cygwin:

I wonder why?  Complex mismatch between unix and Windows signal handling
that cygwin must bridge?