* Child PID
@ 2014-02-13 18:50 Todd Poole
From: Todd Poole @ 2014-02-13 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

I am in process of trying to process dumper on a pid. The pid I need to
dump is a child of another program. If I use ps -W from command line and
use the pid associated with the child all is well. I need it to be
executed from a script. I have tried the following:

Firefox &
set plugin-container.exe
dumper $PID $(ps -W | awk "/plugin-container.exe/,NF=8")

Firefox is the parent that is opening. I have tried to isolate the child
(plugin-container.exe) from the Command and get the pid but have not
been successful. The PID is coming from the parent. Any suggestions
greatly appreciaed.
Thanks

--
Todd Poole

* Re: Child PID
@ 2014-02-14  7:20 ` Brian.Inglis
From: Brian.Inglis @ 2014-02-14  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Todd Poole <tpoole <at> mail.com> writes:

> I am in process of trying to process dumper on a pid. The pid I need to
> dump is a child of another program. If I use ps -W from command line and
> use the pid associated with the child all is well. I need it to be
> executed from a script. I have tried the following:
>
> Firefox &
> set plugin-container.exe
> dumper $PID $(ps -W | awk "/plugin-container.exe/,NF=8")
>
> Firefox is the parent that is opening. I have tried to isolate the child
> (plugin-container.exe) from the Command and get the pid but have not
> been successful. The PID is coming from the parent. Any suggestions
> greatly appreciaed.
> Thanks

Try this approach to access a page using a plugin requiring the container:

cygstart http://bbc.co.uk
winpid=''
while [ -z "$winpid" ]
do
	winpid=$(ps -W | awk '/plugin-container/ { print $4 ; print $0 >
"/dev/stderr" }')
	sleep 1
done
echo dumper plugin-container $winpid
dumper plugin-container $winpid
ls -gGho *.core

output:

     5884       0       0       5884  ?          0 23:50:02 C:\Program Files
(x86)\Mozilla Firefox\plugin-container.exe
dumper plugin-container 5884
-rw-r--r--+ 1 120M Feb 13 23:51 plugin-container.core