* Windows Server 2012R2 and cygserver
@ 2014-09-04 14:37 Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2014-09-04 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

> Ok, I don't grok this.  If you have trouble with cygserver, which is
> completely unrelated to this issue, please discuss this in a new thread
> and please describe detailed what you did to provoke the problem and
> paste what you see.

I'm running (from an administrative account) "cygserver -d" in one mintty
and "sshd -d" in another.  While sshd is starting up, I get these debug
messages from cygserver that look strange:

cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 159: Request account information
returns <MACHINE+cyg_server:*:197614:197121:MACHINE\cyg_server,S-1-5-21$
cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 159: Request account information
returns <Administrators:S-1-5-32-544:544:> error 0
cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 77: User
<sshdrs:S-1-5-32-544:544:> failed
cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 159: Request account information
returns <> error 2

Another frequent occurence in the debug messages and the Windows event log
is this:

cygserver: bad request body length: got 11

Regards,
Achim.

* Re: Windows Server 2012R2 and cygserver
@ 2014-09-05 11:55 ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-09-05 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Sep  4 14:36, Achim Gratz wrote:
> > Ok, I don't grok this.  If you have trouble with cygserver, which is
> > completely unrelated to this issue, please discuss this in a new thread
> > and please describe detailed what you did to provoke the problem and
> > paste what you see.
>
> I'm running (from an administrative account) "cygserver -d" in one mintty
> and "sshd -d" in another.  While sshd is starting up, I get these debug
> messages from cygserver that look strange:
>
> cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 159: Request account information
> returns <MACHINE+cyg_server:*:197614:197121:MACHINE\cyg_server,S-1-5-21$
> cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 159: Request account information
> returns <Administrators:S-1-5-32-544:544:> error 0
> cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 77: User
> <sshdrs:S-1-5-32-544:544:> failed
> cygserver: winsup/cygserver/pwdgrp.cc, line 159: Request account information
> returns <> error 2
>
> Another frequent occurence in the debug messages and the Windows event log
> is this:
>
> cygserver: bad request body length: got 11

I think I found the bug.  I missed the trailing \0 from the user name
in the packet length sent to cygserver.  I fixed that in CVS and uploaded
a new snapshot to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/.  Please test.

Thanks,
Corinna

Red Hat

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 819 bytes --]

* Re: Windows Server 2012R2 and cygserver
@ 2014-09-05 18:18   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2014-09-05 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Corinna Vinschen writes:
> I think I found the bug.  I missed the trailing \0 from the user name
> in the packet length sent to cygserver.  I fixed that in CVS and uploaded
> a new snapshot to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/.  Please test.

Thanks.  As I said in the other thread, it'll be some time before I
can get back to testing.

@ 2014-09-24 17:54   ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2014-09-24 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin <at> cygwin.com> writes:
> > cygserver: bad request body length: got 11
>
> I think I found the bug.  I missed the trailing \0 from the user name
> in the packet length sent to cygserver.  I fixed that in CVS and uploaded
> a new snapshot to https://cygwin.com/snapshots/.  Please test.

I haven't seen this warning in the event log with the 2014-09-05 snapshot in
place.  Thanks!

@ 2014-10-08 12:39     ` Corinna Vinschen
From: Corinna Vinschen @ 2014-10-08 12:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin