* xterm for Cygwin ?
@ 2001-02-09  3:33 Axel Kowald
From: Axel Kowald @ 2001-02-09  3:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hello,

I would like to use xterm under cygwin and I read some mail in the
archives which indicate that it is possible. However, is it right that I
have to install X11 for xterm ? And if yes, from where is the X11
package available ? I had a look at some of the mirrors which are
offered by setup.exe but didn't find it :-(

Thanks

	Axel

* Re: xterm for Cygwin ?
@ 2001-02-09  4:22 ` Andrew Markebo
From: Andrew Markebo @ 2001-02-09  4:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Axel Kowald; +Cc: cygwin

Depends a little on what features you want of the xterm.

http://www.cygwin.com/xfree

Is probably a good start.

        /Andy

* RE: xterm for Cygwin ?
@ 2001-02-09 11:58 Dan Lipofsky
From: Dan Lipofsky @ 2001-02-09 11:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

RXVT is a lot like XTerm, and can be run without installing X.
You can get it from
	http://www.io.com/~bub/rxvt.html
The archive has a discussion of it just last month, under
the subject "xterm-like terminal emulator" or something like
that.