* re: MD5 sums
@ 1997-11-12  8:52 John Stoecker
From: John Stoecker @ 1997-11-12  8:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

on 11/08/97 I wrote:

>I just retrieved (without errors) and installed the development
>environment, et al, installed it successfully, and ran md5sum
>against the files I downloaded.  The MD5sums reported are:

>4e64639aa05efde7307a16582af0264d  cdk.exe
>4e64639aa05efde7307a16582af0264d  usertools.exe

With help from Magnus Bodin and James Dumser I resolved my
problem, which was that MD5sum wants the filesystem mounted
as text=binary; my downloads now agree with the MD5 sums on
the FTP site.

Thanks,
John

-

* RE: MD5 Sums
@ 2001-02-16 18:41   ` Norman Vine
From: Norman Vine @ 2001-02-16 18:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

http://userpages.umbc.edu/~mabzug1/cs/md5/md5.html

* Re: MD5 Sums
@ 2001-02-16 18:09 ` Christopher Faylor
From: Christopher Faylor @ 2001-02-16 18:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin General MailList

On Fri, Feb 16, 2001 at 08:45:56PM -0500, David A. Cobb wrote:
>Probably everyone in the world except me knows this, but
>what utility is used to generate the files "md5.sum" that
>show up here and there in the repositories?

md5sum.

cgf

* MD5 Sums
@ 2001-02-16 17:54 David A. Cobb
From: David A. Cobb @ 2001-02-16 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Cygwin General MailList

Probably everyone in the world except me knows this, but
what utility is used to generate the files "md5.sum" that
show up here and there in the repositories?

--
ÿþD

* MD5 sums
@ 1997-11-11  5:39 John Stoecker
From: John Stoecker @ 1997-11-11  5:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-win32

I just retrieved (without errors) and installed the development
environment, et al, installed it successfully, and ran md5sum
against the files I downloaded.  The MD5sums reported are:

4e64639aa05efde7307a16582af0264d  cdk.exe
4e64639aa05efde7307a16582af0264d  usertools.exe

This is not in agreement with the md5sum file in
ftp.cygnus.com/pub/gnu-win32/latest.

Since we have a fast link I re-downloaded, and the second
download is identical to the first in terms of MD5 and byte-by-byte
comparison.

Are the MD5sums out of date?

Thanks,
John