* Marvelous CYGWIN
@ 2003-09-08  7:39 zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2003-09-08  7:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

Hi,
I love my CyGwin thanx to all concerned.

A few brief questions quand-meme!

1) Although I have the following setting in my .profile & .bashrc it
is apparently ignored:-

set completion-ignore-case on

2)

The following alias causes the shell to exit if there are two many
files x*, can I set more memory is there a workaround? (or should I be
using XARGS?

alias vewx='gvim.exe `l\s -t c:/aaa/x* | head -1 ` &'

zzapper
--

vim -c ":%s/^/WhfgTNabgureRIvzSUnpxre/|:%s/[R-T]/ /Ig|:normal ggVGg?"

http://www.vim.org/tips/tip.php?tip_id=305  Best of Vim Tips

* Re: Marvelous CYGWIN
@ 2003-09-08  8:14 ` Brian Dessent
From: Brian Dessent @ 2003-09-08  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

zzapper wrote:

> 1) Although I have the following setting in my .profile & .bashrc it
> is apparently ignored:-
>
> set completion-ignore-case on

This goes in $HOME/.inputrc since it's a GNU readline parameter, not a
shell setting.

> The following alias causes the shell to exit if there are two many
> files x*, can I set more memory is there a workaround? (or should I be
> using XARGS?
>
> alias vewx='gvim.exe `l\s -t c:/aaa/x* | head -1 ` &'

I can't reproduce that, what do you mean it exits?  Your shell window
closes?  Do these files that match the glob have spaces or any other
weird characters?

Brian

* Re: Marvelous CYGWIN
@ 2003-09-08 11:02   ` zzapper
From: zzapper @ 2003-09-08 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: cygwin

On Mon, 08 Sep 2003 01:14:38 -0700, Brian Dessent <brian@dessent.net>
wrote:

>> set completion-ignore-case on
>
>This goes in $HOME/.inputrc since it's a GNU readline parameter, not a
>shell setting.
Solved thanx

>> The following alias causes the shell to exit if there are two many
>> files x*, can I set more memory is there a workaround? (or should I be
>> using XARGS?
>>
>> alias vewx='gvim.exe `l\s -t c:/aaa/x* | head -1 ` &'
>
>I can't reproduce that, what do you mean it exits?  Your shell window
>closes?  Do these files that match the glob have spaces or any other
>weird characters?

I run CygWin from a Dos Window, if I get the above problem, I get a
message "logout" .

But hold on problem seems to have gone way?!?

zzapper